Pregnant after IF

Anyone not doing an NT scan?

My insurance only covers the bloodwork portion ( I believe they call that quad screening?) but not the scan unless you are over 35 & have a family history of Downs.  I was considering doing it anyway and just paying OOP, but I have no idea what that would cost.

None of my friends IRL have done it, and most looked at me like I was crazy for wanting it.  Out of 5 people at my office who had it, only 1 got accurate results - 3 got false positives and one who was told she was low risk had a baby born w/ Downs.

So I guess I just wanted to see what your opinions were.  I'm a bit of a hypochondriac just normally, & particularly w/ this pregnancy, so I would have an u/s everyday if someone would give me one!  I was kind of surprised at my friends' reactions.

BabyFruit Ticker
TTC #1 since Jan 09
Jul 2010 - HSG, SA, U/S BW - all clear
Nov 2010- Mar 2011 - 50mg Clomid, HCG Trigger & IUI 1-4 All BFN
Apr/May 2011 break
June 2011 - New RE, New Plan
July 2011 - Gonal F, Ovidrel & IUI #5
July 2011 surprise BFP on a break cycle before injects!!! Please let this be it!
Cautiously expecting our miracle on Feb 25, 2012

Re: Anyone not doing an NT scan?

• MSaksaMSaksa member
    Its a personal choice. I didnt do the quad screen or the NT for the same reasons Others are giving you- i know several who go false positives OR false negatives and our results werent going to change what we did with the pregnancy.
    Dx Anovulatory PCOS Clomid,Ovidrel,TI=BFN IUI#1-#3 Femara,Ovidrel=BFN IUI#4-Gonal F,Ovidrel=BFN IUI#5-Gonal F,Ovidrel= BFP!! Beta #1 11dpIUI=34, Beta #2=131,first u/s 3/14=1 perfect bug with a heartbeat! Anderson Phillip, Born 11/2/11 7lbs 10oz 21in. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We chose not to do one. I've heard that you can recieve more false positives with multiples and didnt want to worry myself over nothing. My dr was completely fine with it. It's really a personal choice. I don't regret not doing it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We aren't going to have any of the screening done, other than the anatomy scan at ~20 weeks.

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• imageMSaksa:
    Its a personal choice. I didnt do the quad screen or the NT for the same reasons Others are giving you- i know several who go false positives OR false negatives and our results werent going to change what we did with the pregnancy.

This!!

Plus we also knew that we would not abort if something were wrong w/ one of them & didn't want to be stressed about it for the remainder of the pregnancy.

PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome
    TTC #1 Since 3/2010 Diagnosed with POF
    6/2010-IVF #1 Cancelled after ER b/c 0 eggs recovered
    On to Donor Eggs
    9-30-10 IVF w/ DE begins & Donor started stims 10-4-10
    Donor ER 10-14-10 14 Fertilized Eggs ~ ET 10-17-10 (7 Frosties)
    IVF #1 11-18-10 M/C @ 7 Weeks~Stopped growing @ 5 Weeks
    FET #1 2-1-2011
    Beta #1 13dp3dt 2-14-2011~722
    Beta #2 15dp3dt 2-16-2011~1942
    1st U/S 3-3-2011~Twin Girls

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We did not do an NT scan for the same reasons everyone else has on here.  My sister and a friend had a false positive and they got all stressed out for no reason. I didn't want to deal with that, considering all the stress we'd been through already.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I didn't want one, I didn't ask for one, MFM did one anyways and I got a false positive.  Horrible, horrible experience.  We were never going to SR or anything, so I'm pissed they put me through that for nothing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We decided against getting it done.  For one if we got a postive, I was fully against doing amnio because of the miscarriage risk.  And if there was a problem, we would not abort.  We love this baby no matter what and whatever God decides we leave it in his hands. 
    TTC since June/09.
    1st cycle diagnosed with slight hypothyroidism. Clomid, dexamethasone, HCG trigger shot. BFN
    2nd cycle, Clomid, dexamethasone, HCG trigger shot. BFN
    3rd cycle, Clomid, dexamethasone, ovulated with out tigger. BFN
    4th cycle, Clomid, dexamethasone, HCG trigger shot. BFP!!!
    EDD 12/31/2011 ----- actual birthday 01/05/2012

Surprise BFP! - EDD 10/14/2013

Our little boy is on the way!

Lilypie - (Qxvc)

View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (BW9K)

• We did not get it and I'm wishing we had.  We just had our A/S last Thursday and they told us that they saw 3 soft markers for Downs.  We are now a mess and waiting anxiously for our level II ultrasound on Tuesday.  If we had the NT scan we would probably know the answer by now.  Just my 2 cents.
    TTC since July 2009.
    MFI, Moving onto IVF-ICSI.
    IVF #1 = BFP - sadly a blighted ovum discovered at 7 wks.
    D+C 12/7/10.
    IVF#2 - ER 3/27. 8 fertilized. ET 4/1; transferred 2 blasts; 2 frosties (total of 3 now)
    Beta #1, 4/11 = 291! Beta#2, 4/18 = 2702. Beta #3, 4/25 = 17303.
    Ultrasound #1, 4/29 = 1 perfect baby and heartbeat!.
    7/21 = a/s! It's a boy!!
    Robert Lawrence was born on December 1st at 4:32 am weighing 6lb 3oz, 19.5 inches long and healthy as anything!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagefirewife9278:
    We aren't going to have any of the screening done, other than the anatomy scan at ~20 weeks.
    This. :)
    dx MF & FF IF
    Off B.C. Jan '06, started charting Feb '08, 2% morphology and PCOS, no O with meds,
    IVF w/ICSI only option to conceive.
    Licensed Foster Parents 07.11
    Miracle BFP 7.20.11 1st beta 6,274! EDD 3.17.12
    Miracle Baby born March 5, 2012 . 6lbs 1oz, 19 3/4"
    Miracle BFP #2 10.8.12 - edd 6.20.13

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"