Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Curious question ladies. Has anyone ever got a bfp after what they thought was af?

I read on one of my TTC groups that this could actually happen. I've never heard of this happening. Has anyone ever heard this? Or has this happened to you or someone you know?

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Answers

• Options
    I've never gotten a BFP. :disappointed:
  • Options
    Curious question, are you asking for a friend?
    I'm asking in general. I read a post in one of ttc groups on fb about a lady who had af on May 27th-June 2nd and she just tested yesterday and got a bfp. I've never heard of it happening O.o. 
  • Options
    babymish said:
    Yes I did. This is a general question. I am not asking if I could be pregnant or anything. 
  • Options
    antoto said:
    Take a test and you won't have to be curious anymore 
    It's not about me. I'm barely on O day. It's seriously just a curious question.
  • Options
    My first child I had heavy bleeding 2 days after my bfp.  So Heavy that I was sure I was having a mmc,  and I had one before so that made me even more sure.    But I went to the dr and I was still pregnant.  I didn't think that was my period because I already had my bfp but if I hadn't taken a test I would have definitely thought it was my period.  

Me: 31    DH: 36

Married since 11/25/2013

#1 (bio)  born 01/18/2006

#2 (bio)   born 09/08/2008

#3 (step) born 02/17/2009

#4 (our 1st together)  EDD 09/09/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I've never been pregnant, but I have bleeding from O to AF every cycle. It is heavy enough to need a pad but not enough to actually fill a pad/tampon. If everything else is normal my OB didn't think the bleeding would prevent me from getting pregnant, so I guess it is possible to have light bleeding that could be mistaken for a lighter than normal AF and then get a BFP. 
  • Options
    mtmama2mtmama2 member
    edited June 2016
    It looks like you've already gotten a couple helpful responses but FWIW you might have better luck posting your Q on the First Trimester board since many of us here on TTGP have never been pregnant or had a positive pregnancy test.

ETA: if you are trying to get pregnant and want to stick around I would recommend changing your user name to something more unique so that we can recognize you and get to know you when you post! The WTO and TWW boards are active every day and full of helpful information! Good luck!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    In a completely different direction, yes, I've gotten my period and still had BFP tests. But, I had a loss and the HCG was still in my body. So I had my period because I was no longer pregnant. Almost 5 weeks of positive tests before it went away.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    babymish said:
    babymish said:
    Yes I did. This is a general question. I am not asking if I could be pregnant or anything. 
    Oh right, it's just the second line says this Please don't ask for any success/pregnancy stories
    I know. I am not asking for success or pregnancy stories. It's a simple no I haven't heard of it happening or yes I have heard that it could. That's it. It's honestly a curious question. If I want success stories, I know where to go.
  • Options
    SienaC said:
    It looks like you've already gotten a couple helpful responses but FWIW you might have better luck posting your Q on the First Trimester board since many of us here on TTGP have never been pregnant or had a positive pregnancy test.

ETA: if you are trying to get pregnant and want to stick around I would recommend changing your user name to something more unique so that we can recognize you and get to know you when you post! The WTO and TWW boards are active every day and full of helpful information! Good luck!
    How do I change my user name!? I've been trying to figure it out since yesterday! 
  • Options
    AndiPandi127AndiPandi127 member
    edited June 2016
    OP I didn't read the thread where you saw someone asking that, but it is possible that she had an early m/c without knowing and thought it was her period - it takes a while for HCG to drop down afterwards so she could be getting positives post bleeding.
  • Options
    FWIW I've heard of bleeding, but if you're bleeding like AF I hate to say it, but you're bleeding a lot and that's probably not conducive to a pregnancy.   It's probably AF.   I'm sorry for that.  Please change your name to one recognizable, and stick around.  I think you'll find a lot of help.  
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    My mom said she spotted more with my 20-year-old brother than she did with either of her two miscarriages, and she did spot with both of those. Obviously, my brother survived. So yes, definitely possible to bleed and still be pregnant. BUT, in all three cases, my mom knew it was spotting and not her period. 
  • Options
    OP I didn't read the thread where you saw someone asking that, but it is possible that she had an early m/c without knowing and thought it was her period - it takes a while for HCG to drop down afterwards so she could be getting positives post bleeding.
    It's not on here that I had saw it. I'm apart of a few secret TTC groups on fb and that's where I saw it. 
  • Options
    I'm trying to change my user name! :D Thank you ladies!
  • Options
    I feel like I said this yesterday, but now I don't see my comment. Maybe it was another thread?   Anyway, I think you have to go through The Knot to change your username. GL!