Attachment Parenting
Options

Questions about wrapping

I have a moby & I can't seem to get it right. First of all I've only done the front carry & when my daughter is facing out. I wrap it just fine but always too loose or if its tight I can't get my daughter in. Also I've seen a couple pics on here of the moby but on the back or side carry, how do you wrap like that? Mine seems sooo long & a huge pain. Also I'd like to wrap but it seems soo hot, we are in Arizona & it just seems too hot. And last how do you do stuff, like I always feel like I am going to accidentally hit my daughter doing stuff or bending over she will plop out. I guess I just can't get it down being that its too hot or i don't wrap it right or I can't do anything while she's in there. I'd love to carry my daughter but seems like everything doesn't work out.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Questions about wrapping

• Options

imageUSArmyWifeToBe:
    I have a moby & I can't seem to get it right. First of all I've only done the front carry & when my daughter is facing out. I wrap it just fine but always too loose or if its tight I can't get my daughter in. Also I've seen a couple pics on here of the moby but on the back or side carry, how do you wrap like that? You should use a woven for back and hip carries. Mine seems sooo long & a huge pain. If you feel that you have more fabric than you need, you can always cut it.  Also I'd like to wrap but it seems soo hot, we are in Arizona & it just seems too hot. Moby's are, indeed, hot.  Maybe you can try a gauze wrap like the Wrapsody Bali Baby Breeze.  Other woven wraps that are cooler are Vatanai & BB-Slen.  And last how do you do stuff, like I always feel like I am going to accidentally hit my daughter doing stuff or bending over she will plop out. She's attached to you, so you probably won't forget that she's there and hit her.  If she's wrapped properly, she will not fall out.  Even if she's not in there properly, she's not going to suddenly go anywhere without you first feeling that something is a little "off." I guess I just can't get it down being that its too hot or i don't wrap it right or I can't do anything while she's in there. I'd love to carry my daughter but seems like everything doesn't work out.

How big is your DD?  Maybe she's getting to be too big for you to carry in the front.  I'm kinda short-torsoed & it didn't seem to take long before I felt like DD was in the way.  I had to use hip & back carries 'cause having her in the front started being too inconvenient for me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

The Moby is great for snuggling a newborn, but after 15lbs or so it starts to get saggy and lack support.  Given your DD's age I'm guessing she's just outgrown it.  The pics you see here of people wearing their LO's on their back are woven wraps - they're like a Moby without the stretch. 

If you're just looking for something easy to wear your LO on your back occasionally then I'd suggest checking out a mei tai.  If you're down for a higher learning curve but greater versatility (and comfort in my opinion) then back wrapping with a woven is awesome.  Some carries require a longer wrap than others, my personal favorite is a size 4 (3.7'ish meters) to do a rucksack carry.

NCBelle's blog has a great babywearing guide I'd check out.  It's linked in her siggy, or just google becoming mamas babywearing guide.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"