Northern California Babies
Options

Buying parties product poll

What products / brands do you love? What products do you hate or have no use for? What is your best excuse for avoiding a party you wish to avoid? If u get invited by your best friend do you feel obligated to buy or only buy if u really Want to? What parties have you hosted? Or sold?
Lilypie Maternity tickers"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Buying parties product poll

• Options
    imageoceanangelbeauty:
    What products / brands do you love? Pampered chef, creative memories What products do you hate or have no use for? Anything to do with candles or fragrances. What is your best excuse for avoiding a party you wish to avoid? We will be out of town. :) If u get invited by your best friend do you feel obligated to buy or only buy if u really Want to? I feel obligated so I get something small. What parties have you hosted? Or sold?
    I have hosted pampered chef parties.
  • Options
    imageoceanangelbeauty:
    What products / brands do you love? Pampered chef, creative memories What products do you hate or have no use for? Anything to do with candles or fragrances. What is your best excuse for avoiding a party you wish to avoid? We will be out of town. :) If u get invited by your best friend do you feel obligated to buy or only buy if u really Want to? I feel obligated so I get something small. What parties have you hosted? Or sold?
    I have hosted pampered chef parties.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I haven't really found anything at a party that I couldn't have bought in the stores.

I really have zero use for selling gold, buying purses, jewelry, or cooking items.

Q is a pretty good excuse.  In the past I've just ignored the invites for the most part.

If I go, I feel obligated to buy.

I have never hosted.

• Options

What products / brands do you love? None so far.

What products do you hate or have no use for? It isn't that I have no use for it is mostly that I can find the same or better quality in the store on sale for less.

What is your best excuse for avoiding a party you wish to avoid? Family plans

If u get invited by your best friend do you feel obligated to buy or only buy if u really Want to? I have had a few really close friends ask, and most of the time I am honest with them.

What parties have you hosted? Or sold? None

• Options

I'm partial to Creative Memories.  :)

But I have attended and purchased products at Silpada, Lia Sophia, Pampered Chef, and Partylite.  I have hosted Silpada and Partylite.  I don't know... I liked parties even before becoming a consultant.  Typically if you can get people to show up, they end up having a good time.  I don't feel like I *have* to buy anything when I go and I don't pressure people to buy at my parties.  If they don't find anything they like, why should they buy out of obligation?

PM me for our family/baby blog

Haley Beth ~ March 3rd, 2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I hate home parties. They make you feel guilty (because someone hosted the party and you attended so you don't want to be a bad guest) and those products are not always the best on the market quality or price wise. I now avoid those parties like the plague. 

When asked, I say, "No thank you." If I get pressured, I say, "I'm sorry but those items are not a priority in our budget right now. If you sold plumbing fixtures, replacement windows, power tools or appliances, we might be talking but we've really got to take care of our core needs before we buy any extras." If they still don't get it, I tell them to shove it and take my name off of their email list. Some of these people can get really pushy. Not all but I've really been attacked by overly aggressive sales reps in my past. It think that if you get a, "No thank you," it is time to stop asking. If you go past that and someone justifies it, if you take it any further, you are just being a donkey's butt.  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"