Attachment Parenting
Options

someone please school me on AP

or several someones, please!

what i knew of Attachment Parenting up until recently seemed kind of... nutty. (Away We Go, anyone?)

but the more i read about it, the more interested i am. (except for the extended breastfeeding thing, i can't get down with that)

can anyone give me some personal stories? things you do or don't do?

any insight is greatly appreciated!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: someone please school me on AP

• Options
    AP is about focusing on the attachment between the child and his primary caregivers. It is being mindful that the nurturing a child receives sets the groundwork for developing a confident and happy child who feels safe venturing out in to the world on his own. BFing is simply one way to do that. You can be AP and not babywear or cosleep or breastfeed.
  • Options
    Check out the "community" link @ the top. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
  • Options

Someone asked a similar question a couple days ago. https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/56317691.aspx

For my family... I BF, but I'm not sure how long I'll do it. At least until a year, and then we'll see. I don't feel like not nursing your toddler makes someone un-AP. My DH and I babywear when we want, but I also use my stroller frequently. Kiddo sleeps in his crib that is sidecarred to our bed because having him in the bed with us full time was not working for all of us. I nurse the little guy in the night, even though everyone I know thinks "he should be STTN by now!" I let him watch Wonder Pets so that I can take a shower, even though some are appalled that I let my 7 mo old look at the TV.

Basically, I do what works for our family, and don't do what doesn't work, and who cares what other people say I should or shouldn't be doing, kwim?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageBlindysWife:

Someone asked a similar question a couple days ago. https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/56317691.aspx

For my family... I BF, but I'm not sure how long I'll do it. At least until a year, and then we'll see. I don't feel like not nursing your toddler makes someone un-AP. My DH and I babywear when we want, but I also use my stroller frequently. Kiddo sleeps in his crib that is sidecarred to our bed because having him in the bed with us full time was not working for all of us. I nurse the little guy in the night, even though everyone I know thinks "he should be STTN by now!" I let him watch Wonder Pets so that I can take a shower, even though some are appalled that I let my 7 mo old look at the TV.

Basically, I do what works for our family, and don't do what doesn't work, and who cares what other people say I should or shouldn't be doing, kwim?

Yes 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"