Trouble TTC
Options

*sbrowns*

First - I'm sorry about the menopur - I had no idea it stings so bad - that has to suck.  If this doesn't work - maybe he will try you on follistim or gonal-f (seriously - I felt nothing with this).

The real reason to page you was to tell you how awesome the quilt you made is!!!!  I love it - I love all the colors!  I took a quiting class once - and I made a tote bag.  I never did anything else - but if I did make something else it would be a quilt.  I'm very impressed! 

TTC #1 since 6/09
Dx: PCOS and MFI
3 IUIs, 4 IVFs = BFFN
  3rd RE: IVF #5/FET = BFP
14dp5dt=1170 16dp5dt=2573

1st u/s=
TWINS!
It's a Boy and a Girl!

Born at 34w3d! 

Re: *sbrowns*

• Options

Aw, thanks!! I had a lot of fun making it. This may sound strange, but it makes sleeping so much more satisfying when it's under a quilt that I know took me forever to make. Haha.

I also love making bags. I stick to fairly easy patterns, but I love picking out fun fabrics!

What stims will you be using for your IVF cycle? Part of the reason we're using the Menopur is because that's what the office would order for IVF (and I'm crossing my fingers for leftovers just in case). 

Also, totally unrelated, but do you know of any places to eat that are on the water in Buffalo? My parents are looking for a niceish place to go for their anniversary. They live between here and Buffalo and were considering heading in that direction.

"I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted what I asked of him." ~1 Samuel 1:27
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Whatever it takes, we walk together." ~Pittsburgh Penguins
    My IF-turned-baby blog
  • Options

I'm going to be using Follistim, lupron and a generic LH (that they make in my RE office).  I was able to get a bunch of leftover follistim for cheap from someone.  So they think I'll have enough of that to just add in a little of the LH when I'm stimming, so I don't need the menopur (which is LH and FSH).  I actually just talked to a girl from my offices monthly support group - shes on her second IVF and she's going to be doing the same protocol as I am this round - she did menopur and follistim last time.   The nurse actually said they may not put me on the LH at all - and from what I've read its not clear as to whether adding some LH makes a difference at all.

I also know at my office they will let you re-order your IUI meds and recommend you order extra each IUI - so that you have a stash for IVF.  For me - since my insurance wouldn't pay for it either way - it didn't really matter. 

Once of the main problems with Buffalo is that there isn't a ton of great restaurants on the waterfront.  There is a place right by were I work that just changed ownership - called Acqua - but its getting really bad reviews online - so I wouldn't send your parents there.  The next best bet is Templeton Landing - which is downtown Buffalo on the waterfront.  I've never eaten there, so I can't say its any good - but its definitely a more upscale restaurant.  Another good option - just a bit further away is Waterstreet landing in Lewiston.  And if they've never been to Lewiston - its a cute, quaint town - its on the Niagara river after the falls - so there are boats there that can take you through the whirlpool rapids.  Hope that helps - I can probably come up with some more recs in the city itself - but we actually don't go out to eat that often since I like to cook. 

TTC #1 since 6/09
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    3 IUIs, 4 IVFs = BFFN
      3rd RE: IVF #5/FET = BFP
    14dp5dt=1170 16dp5dt=2573

1st u/s=
    TWINS!
    It's a Boy and a Girl!

Born at 34w3d! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards