Austin Babies
Options

Life's about to get even crazier (eta: Dust request!).

Our house is about to grow, yet again. My husband's 18-year-old nephew is coming to live with us this week. DH's sister died in a car accident 5 years ago, leaving behind 4 children from different dads. This nephew didn't have a dad to speak of (I think he's in jail), so he lived with other family members in his hometown in California while he finished high school. He visited us last summer and we made it clear that he'd always have a place with us. He graduated high school in CA this year, and he's decided to attend ACC this year.

I'm so happy to be able to take him under our wing. He's a sweetheart- quiet, precocious, likes to read and listen to music. The girls love him. I want nothing more than to give him everything he didn't get-- not the most realistic goal, I know. But I'm also nervous as sh*t. What do I know about teenage boys?!

Anyway, I would looove some smooth transition dust!

Re: Life's about to get even crazier (eta: Dust request!).

• Options
    Lots of smooth transition dust. Also PM or FB message me about his Financial Aid. He may be fully eligible for everything.
  • Options
    How wonderful!  Best of luck to you guys, that's so sweet of you to take him in! 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageNessia:
    Lots of smooth transition dust. Also PM or FB message me about his Financial Aid. He may be fully eligible for everything.

Whoa, I'm friending you on FB right now!

• Options
    MrsAJLMrsAJL member
    How exciting! :)  Lots of ~*~*~smooth transitions~*~*~ dust coming your way
  • Options
    Tons of dust for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

bless you!!!  that is a wonderful think you're doing.  i hope it blesses your family twice over :)

**dust!**

• Options

imagebalihaigirl:
    How wonderful!  Best of luck to you guys, that's so sweet of you to take him in! 

Totally.  That is just awesome of y'all.

No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagemolliedb:

bless you!!!  that is a wonderful think you're doing.  i hope it blesses your family twice over :)

**dust!**

This exactly! Good luck to you!

• Options
    imagemolliedb:

**dust!**

Ditto!
  • Options
    Dust for you, but most importantly you are amazing. So many people would say "not my problem." you're doing a wonderful thing.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That's awesome! Lots of dust headed your way that he settles in well, and I hope that he gets the support and stability that he needs to start off his "adult" life.
  • Options
    Good for you.  I hope all goes well!
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

He is so lucky to have y'all! Smooth transition dust coming right over Smile

• Options
    Wow!  That's so awesome that that the family is so supportive and dedicate to help make sure he has every opportunity to succeed.  Good luck.  I know you'll do great even if there are a few bumps in the transition.  Good luck and lots of dust heading your way!
  • Options
    That's an amazing thing of you guys to do.  Lots of *****smooth transition dust****** coming your way.
  • Options

imageJess.O:
    That's an amazing thing of you guys to do.  Lots of *****smooth transition dust****** coming your way.

Ditto this!

• Options

i hope the transition goes smoothly. how great for him to have family willing to take him in and help him become an adult. best of luck to all of you! 

• Options
    You guys are awesome.  Good luck to him & best of luck to everyone with the transition.  Hope it's easy-peasy!!
  • Options
    Lots of ****smooth transition**** dust to you all!  That is totally great, I'm impressed with y'all for helping him out like that. :)
  • Options
    imagemolliedb:

**dust!**

ditto.

IMG_1749_2
  • Options
    2H2L2H2L member
    imageKSandAE2008:
    imagemolliedb:

**dust!**

This exactly! Good luck to you!

This!
  • Options
    so very good of you -- great transition dust to your whole family!
    imageimage
    6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
    My Blog! All about my girls and quilting
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I know most of you would do the same!
  • Options

*hugs* how awesome is it that you guys can give this kiddo some support and love!

You got all the dust you need :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"