Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

WTH Size Socks Do I Buy?

Jackson has very large feet.  7 1/2 Extra Wide... I tried buying socks in a size 2-3T and they are WAY tight around the ankles.  What size should I try for this shoe size, you think?!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WTH Size Socks Do I Buy?

• Options
    What style of socks are you buying?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The ones I picked up were Hanes but am open to anything.  I prefer the socks that come to the ankle. (With non-skid grippers)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I buy the ankle socks, generic brand with silver toe/heel from walmart.  DS wears 5 1/2 so i buy the socks that are 12-18 months.  I would think the next size up would fit nicely.  We love them and they aren't too tight on his ankles at all. HTH
    image pregnancy calendar Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have socks like these for Tegan (in solid white) and they seem to fit nicely around her ankles, with plenty of stretch to them.
  • Options

I gave up on the skid grips.

Every sock with the grips would make marks around DS's ankles so I started getting his socks in the boy's department at Target - the Hanes ones with the colored writing on the toes.

• Options

imageAbinormal:
    I have socks like these for Tegan (in solid white) and they seem to fit nicely around her ankles, with plenty of stretch to them.

Ooh, those look great!  I am thinking I will need bigger than the largest size they offer though, which is 2T-3T.

Has anyone had any luck with Old Navy's socks? 

• Options
    imageMamatoJackson:

imageAbinormal:

Ooh, those look great!  I am thinking I will need bigger than the largest size they offer though, which is 2T-3T.

Actually, they seem to run a bit big. The ones that I have for Tegan are 12-18 month size (I believe) and still have plenty of room to grow.

• Options
    imageAbinormal:
    imageMamatoJackson:

imageAbinormal:

Actually, they seem to run a bit big. The ones that I have for Tegan are 12-18 month size (I believe) and still have plenty of room to grow.

You think a 2/3T will work for 7 1/2 XW though? 

• Options
    DS wears a 6 1/2 shoe and 12-18 month socks we have several brands (target, walmart, and kamart for sure) and they all fit we even sometimes still fit in the next smaller size but not always
    Me DOR amh .64 ng/mL  
    DH Brain Cancer
    BFP #1 12/11/08 DS born 8/23/09
    BFP#2 10/13/11 DC 11/4/11
    BFP#3 12/6/13 Lost 12/29/13
    Told IVF is the only option and have not found a clinic that will take me.

• Options
    The size is probably right, just look for a different fit?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    imageMamatoJackson:
    imageAbinormal:
    imageMamatoJackson:

imageAbinormal:

You think a 2/3T will work for 7 1/2 XW though? 

DS2 is right at about 7.5 and wears the 12-24m size in old navy socks. (2-3T in Hanes, but it is tight around the ankle)

DS1 is wearing a size 9 and wears the 2-3T in ON stocks.(4-5T hanes, but not tight around his skinny almost preschooler ankle/leg)

I *really* like the ON socks for both of them and am pretty much planning to buy a bunch more for DS2.

• Options
    imageMamatoJackson:

imageAbinormal:

We really like these from ON, BUT they don't have the gripper things.

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=13130&vid=1&pid=228836&scid=228836002 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"