Babies on the Brain
Options

Opinions please

I bought some(3 boxes) cbe digital opks on ebay for less than half of the retail price but they all expire in a month.Should I  exchange them at a local retail store for a store credit (would total about $120). Or should I tell them I just purchased them and they are expired and just swap them for fresh (non expired) of the same product? What would you do? Please no flames, but just in case I'm wearing my flame retardant panties!
Best day of my life imgwedding Love my family! img

Re: Opinions please

• Options

Did you buy them off ebay knowing the expiration date?  If not, then I would contact the seller although I'm not sure they would do anything.

No, you should not try to exchange or return them to a store.  You did not purchase them there.

So essentially, you are SOL.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

PCOS and Hypothyroidism- Successful IUI's- May 2012 and October 2014.  Miscarriage @ 6w3d in December 2009.
  • Options

I guess my question is, did you buy them 1/2 price knowing they were about to expire or did the seller pull the wool over your eyes.  

To me, if you bought three months worth of something you knew  would expire before then, then you made the bed so lie in it.  It's dishonest to return a product knowing that it could end up back on the shelf and someone unknowingly buys them.   

If you bought them and weren't made aware of it, I'd contact the seller and complain to them.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I knew they were about to expire. In the store they go for $40 a box and I got all 3 for around $30, it was too good a deal to pass up. Hopefully the store wouldn't restock them since I'll let them know the reason I'm bringing them back is due to the expiration date. I'm sure the store will be able to just write them off. I'm returning them to a large retailer not a mom and pop's corner store.
  • Options

imagedirthvader:
    I knew they were about to expire. In the store they go for $40 a box and I got all 3 for around $30, it was too good a deal to pass up. Hopefully the store wouldn't restock them since I'll let them know the reason I'm bringing them back is due to the expiration date. I'm sure the store will be able to just write them off. I'm returning them to a large retailer not a mom and pop's corner store.

Wow, you are a douche.  and a thief.

photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageweelass24:

imagedirthvader:

Um, yeah.  Stores have bottom lines too, not just mom and pop stores.  Sorry, but if you can't afford to be honest, should you really be procreating? I don't normally hop on the 'you're not ready' but I think if you can't see the major dishonesty/douchiness of this whole thing, you're really not ready.   

He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options
    imageweelass24:

imagedirthvader:

No need for petty name calling. I'm not a thief, I paid for these items and would just like to insure they do not expire prior to my using them.
  • Options
    imagedirthvader:
    imageweelass24:

imagedirthvader:

No need for petty name calling. I'm not a thief, I paid for these items and would just like to insure they do not expire prior to my using them.
    No. You paid for items you knew were going to expire soon. That is why you got them at a lower price. If you were to go someplace that you did not purchase them from and fraudulently exchange them for product that isn't about to expire it is the same as theft because that company is out the $120.
    Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • Options
    Dude.  Not cool.  You knew they were going to expire, and you bought them anyway?  Then you made an AE to ask us about it?  Not cool. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagedirthvader:
    imageweelass24:

imagedirthvader:

um, you knew they were expiring, you bought them anyway, now you want money back so they don't expire? Explain to me how this makes you somehow not a douche/thief.  

imageimageimage
  • Options

Why did you buy them if you knew they were about to expire?

I'd buy a steak that's about to expire if I'm going to eat it that day, but I wouldn't buy three steaks I couldn't eat in time. 

• Options
    imagedirthvader:
    imageweelass24:

imagedirthvader:

You paid someone on eBay for them (knowing they were going to expire), & now are wanting to return them to a store (that you did not purchase them from) whilst lying to them about it. You are wanting the store to give you non-expired goods in exchange for expired ones that you did not purchase from them.

Yes, you are a thief. & a liar.

• Options
    imagedirthvader:
    imageweelass24:

imagedirthvader:

You didn't buy it from them.  You didn't pay full price.  You are going to exchange them for a newer full price item.  they store will then have to lose what you return from their inventory because  they are no longer good.  You have no intention of making up the difference to the store.  How is that not stealing?  And who gives a crap what size the store is?  Not paying the price they have listed is stealing.

• Options
    If you do return them to a store, you should swing by Goodwill on your way home and swipe a bag of stuff from them.
    JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It's 'ensure' by the way.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Come on guys, it's not really wrong if she steals from Walmart, I mean, people taste grapes all-the-time.  Plus, everyone else does it, why can't she??? You don't NO her lyfe. 
  • Options
    I'm exchanging them for the same product. The store has a 90 day return policy, so how is it any diff. from me buying a stale dated item and returning it within the 90day time frame? On another note to address the statement about my not being ready for a child, I don't see how my purchase history affects my ability to parent.
  • Options
    imagegreenclown:
    If you do return them to a store, you should swing by Goodwill on your way home and swipe a bag of stuff from them.
    Come by my goodwill and you can snag yourself a rocking pair of beautiful gauchos.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options

Why don't you just go in & pocket what you need? Why even bother "returning" the expired stuff? The store will write it off, & I mean, it's not like it's a Mom & Pop operation.

But that's stealing! Oh, wait. 

• Options
    imagegreenclown:
    I usually donate to the Goodwill, so that's a good way of looking at it. If I decide to do the exchange I'll do a donation to charity to even the score a bit.Yes Thanks! I hadn't thought of that.
  • Options

imagedirthvader:
    I'm exchanging them for the same product. The store has a 90 day return policy, so how is it any diff. from me buying a stale dated item and returning it within the 90day time frame? On another note to address the statement about my not being ready for a child, I don't see how my purchase history affects my ability to parent.

I seriously cannot comprehend how you do not see what is wrong with your little scheme.

The store has a 90 day return policy for ITEMS PURCHASED IN THEIR STORE.

FFS. And what happened to your flame retardant pants? 

JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagedirthvader:

Because in this situation, you would have actually PAID for the items. Paying someone on eBay =/= paying the store. You really can't see the difference? 

ETA: & we are questioning your procreation because you *obviously* have stellar morals to pass on to the next generation. That whole "raising a productive member of society" deal is such a drag. 

• Options
    imagedirthvader:
    Because you don't see how this is wrong is why people side eye your procreation attempts. It doesn't matter what policy the store has- you didn't buy them there. That have no part in the equation whatsoever.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options

imagedirthvader:

But you didn't buy this product from the store!  You don't have a reciept proving it.  you'd think you would want to teach your children honesty, but fail to grasp a simple concept like theft by deception.

• Options

imagedirthvader:
    imagegreenclown:
    I usually donate to the Goodwill, so that's a good way of looking at it. If I decide to do the exchange I'll do a donation to charity to even the score a bit.Yes Thanks! I hadn't thought of that.

hey moron, besides the obvious sarcasm you missed here, why do you need to "even the score" if there's nothing wrong with what you're doing?  

imageimageimage
  • Options

imagedirthvader:
    imagegreenclown:

FAIL.  On so many, many levels.

• Options
    I bought a plastic kiddie pool at Fred's down the street. I'm no longer happy with the size of my fred's pool but lucky me, paradise pools has a 90 day return policy. Surely if I take my plastic fred's pool down to them they will exchange it for an inground Olympic size lap pool.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    imagedirthvader:
    Did the store receive a payment from you for the product you are exchanging? No. Not the same thing.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagedirthvader:

Yes, a 90 day return policy for something that was purchased from THEIR store!  You did not purchase the OPK's from their store!  You are a whole new level of speshul if you don't see how this is wrong.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

PCOS and Hypothyroidism- Successful IUI's- May 2012 and October 2014.  Miscarriage @ 6w3d in December 2009.
  • Options

imagedirthvader:
    imagegreenclown:

Bwahahahahahahahaha

awesome

• Options

imageMandyBrownNoser:
    I bought a plastic kiddie pool at Fred's down the street. I'm no longer happy with the size of my fred's pool but lucky me, paradise pools has a 90 day return policy. Surely if I take my plastic fred's pool down to them they will exchange it for an inground Olympic size lap pool.

But only if you lie to them & tell them that you *thought* you were buying an inground Olympic size lap pool from them. That's the key.

Oh, & don't worry about karma - you donated those awesome pants to Goodwill, so you're safe. They are worth AT LEAST an Olympic size swimming pool! 

• Options
    {opens another window}

• Options

Ebay seller buys sticks from Target sells them to you.  Target +$120, Ebay seller -$120

Ebay seller sells them to you for $30.  Target +$120,  Ebay Seller - $90, You -$30

You take them to Walmart and exchange them for 3 boxes from their stock, giving them product that they can not resell for full retail value.  Target +$120,  Ebay seller - $90, You -$30, Walmart -$120.  

How is this unclear to you.  

I don't care how much of your ugly crap you give to goodwill, you're still stealing from Walmart.  If you are unable (financially) and unwilling (moral/intellectual) to be honest, I don't think you should be procreating.  

I also don't see how that is unclear to you.   

• Options

imageweelass24:
    {opens another window}

For real.  However, since this is an ae, the DD risk goes down. 

• Options
    I'm still wearing the flame retardant pants. I just think the shot at questioning my parenting was a low blow. I've worked retail before and tons of items are returned daily without receipts. It's really no different than returning an unwanted baby shower gift. You have no idea what store it came from but still return it for store credit at another store that carries it. Stores have insurance in place for the occasional loss anyway.
  • Options

imagedirthvader:
    I'm still wearing the flame retardant pants. I just think the shot at questioning my parenting was a low blow. I've worked retail before and tons of items are returned daily without receipts. It's really no different than returning an unwanted baby shower gift. You have no idea what store it came from but still return it for store credit at another store that carries it. Stores have insurance in place for the occasional loss anyway.

*slams head against wall*

• Options

imagedirthvader:

Oh, well, since you used to work retail and they have insurance to protect themselves against accidental loss, it's ok to knowingly and willingly steal.  I guess you win this argument.  

FFS, I hope you have a helmet on because with all of this backpedaling, you're going to seriously end up falling on your a$s 

• Options
    Do you understand how bar codes work?  Chances are you can't return them to begin with.  AZ has a different code than GA for most things.  I would bet a high ticket item like OPKs have the different bar code.  Some stores even have their own bar code.  Good luck finding a store to take them. One other thing WM may sell a box of 20 while Target sells a box of 18.  This wouldn't be easy to do, even if it was legal. 
  • Options

imagedirthvader:

There is a huge difference between returning a resell-able item to a store without knowing where it was originally purchased and knowingly purchasing an item that is near its expiration with the intent of exchanging it from a store you know you didn't buy it from in order to obtain a usable product on the cheap.

You're either really dense, a muddy troll, or both. 

JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

At least the store can re-sell the unwanted baby gift. Unlike your expired OPKs.

Look, "return" them or don't. You won't get arrested. But it's kind of douchey.

• Options
    imageBallSox:

Ebay seller buys sticks from Target sells them to you.  Target +$120, Ebay seller -$120

Ebay seller sells them to you for $30.  Target +$120,  Ebay Seller - $90, You -$30

You take them to Walmart and exchange them for 3 boxes from their stock, giving them product that they can not resell for full retail value.  Target +$120,  Ebay seller - $90, You -$30, Walmart -$120.  

How is this unclear to you.  

I don't care how much of your ugly crap you give to goodwill, you're still stealing from Walmart.  If you are unable (financially) and unwilling (moral/intellectual) to be honest, I don't think you should be procreating.  

I also don't see how that is unclear to you.   

I'm pretty sure they came from Target since they have a half peeled off Target sticker. I shop there all the time, so that's where I was planning to return them.

Did you mean morally and intellectually?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"