Washington Babies
Options

Day about Baby at Evergreen?

Any one take it? Worth the money or a waste of time?
imageimageimage
Newlywed Athlete Blog
DD Arrived 10/17/2011
2012 Races
Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59

Re: Day about Baby at Evergreen?

• Options
    I've heard good things about it.  We were signed up for it but ended up giving birth to DD the day before the class. ;)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We took it and found it helpful. Especially for DH because he didn't have a lot of experience around babies. He said he learned a lot and I think it made both of us a little more confidant going it to the whole world of parenting for the first time. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We did it and I was not especially impressed.  The diapering segment was especially useless for me since I already knew more about CDing than the instructor (they discussed both cloth and paper diapers as well as diaper service) and was pretty bored.  The bathing part was ok, but we just ended up bathing with her, so that didn't offer us a ton of useful stuff.  Carriers were nice to know about, I guess, but overall honestly if I were to go back in time I would have skipped it.  If you're interested in CDs, go to a class at Birth & Beyond or Punkernoodle, for carrier information check out Seattle Babywearing Group or REgarding Peanut carrier classes, and bathing really isn't that hard- they taught DH at the hospital anyway.  It seemed like a lot of money for what we got out of it.  Just my $0.02.

image Visit The Nest!

• Options
    I don't really know what it is (and obviously didn't take it), but from MsTie's description it sounds like the class we took from GreatStarts. It wasn't too much money and I thought it was helpful. I'm not sure how the price compares to Evergreen's class, but it might be looking into.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

We're taking the August class, and I'm hoping it's good. At least DH will get some good info and hopefully build his confidence a little bit about being around a newborn. :)

greenbaby
    BFP 1/22/12 | Ectopic pregnancy found 2/14/12 | Methotrexate to complete m/c 2/15/12 imageimageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

If you or DH knows nothing about basic baby care, it's good.  If you've nannied or babysat or have family, you could probably skip it.

We did get some good stuff from it - DH hadn't seen a lot of the stuff [like the newer cloth diapers and carriers] and the door prizes weren't bad.  Mostly it was fun being around other expectant parents because most of the people there were pretty fun. 

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"