VBAC

Due 15 months after last birth/pregnancy

delg23delg23 member

Is VBAC still a good idea? I got a wishy washy answer from the 1 doctor of my 5 doctor practice. She seemed to lean toward C-section but was not pushy. I'm sure she just wanted to present herself as being open to VBAC even though she prefers I get a c-section. My hospital is very supportive of natural birth and prefers to keep the c-section rate down. I kind of assumed I would have another c-section so I didn't think too much about time between pregnancies, but I'm considering VBAC now. I'll chat w/ all the other doctors to see what they say, but I was just curious what information you all have or your opinions. The idea of uterine rupture does freak me out a bit, but a shorter recovery time is appealing.

TIA! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Due 15 months after last birth/pregnancy

• I'm due 12 months after my last birth (DD was born via c-section August 29 and this LO is due Sept 9th--couldn't have gotten them any closer if I tried) and my doctor is not concerned about it at all. In fact all 7 doctors at my office have told me I'm a good candidate for a VBAC.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • delg23delg23 member

imagebre86ann:
    I'm due 12 months after my last birth (DD was born via c-section August 29 and this LO is due Sept 9th--couldn't have gotten them any closer if I tried) and my doctor is not concerned about it at all. In fact all 7 doctors at my office have told me I'm a good candidate for a VBAC.

woa amazing! Thanks for that! :) 

• Loading the player...
  • We will probably start ttc when dd is 8 months.

But, my ob said I was able to ttc, and try for a vbac, at my 5 weeks appointment.

It is my understanding that the incision is as healed as it is going to be at 2 months.

• I am really glad I was able to read this. DS is 8 months and I wanted to start TTC next month or so. I have been worried about having them close, and still trying for a VBAC. My OB is not as excited about it as I am. I may be finding a new ob that is more supportive.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I had a successful vbac 13 months after my c/s. No doctor had any issues with the spacing, not even my original anti-VBAC OB :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • delg23delg23 member
    thanks for your input all! 
  • Good luck with everything. I think as long as you find a supportive OB you should be fine as far as timing goes. It wasn't something I had ever thought about (I was under the impression of "once a c-section always a c-section") and was fully prepared to have to have a c-section with this LO when I went for my 10 wk appt. My OB was actually the one who brought it up to me that it was a possibility and I'm glad she did. My OB's office c-section rate is less than 10%. The hospital I am delivering at is pro-natural birth and pro-VBAC. Their c-section rate is also below the national average (I think they sit at 20%). I just got lucky. I didn't search for anything doctor/hospital-wise. Just used the same office my mom used when she had my brother 2 years ago because they took my insurance.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"