North Carolina Babies
Options

Question about LegalZoom.com

Has anyone used LegalZoom.com to create a will? (Or for any other legal purpose?) DH wants to use that to make a will, but I'm just a bit weary of it. Don't know if a will made online will truly stand up in a court of law.

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Question about LegalZoom.com

• Options
    DH and I used it to set a LLC for FIL.  No problems, quick and easy.  Honestly though, I would probably want that personal touch when doing a will so that I make sure I cover all my bases and can ask any questions that come up.  You don't get a whole lot of help with LegalZoom.
    My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Given the difference in the wills we got from our first lawyer to our second, I'd be leery about doing it myself on-line.  Our 2nd lawyer customized it to fit what we needed for the will and the trust and I don't think I would have known to look for those things doing it myself.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I seem to think I heard recently that the LegalZoom or something like it, is going to be shut down for practicing law without a license. I'll see if I can find any information. I would go to an attorney though. That's not the kind of thing you want to mess around with.
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies! I'm trying to convince DH that cheaper isn't better, especially when dealing with DD's guardianship should something happen to us!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We actually found a lawyer that was cheaper than legal zoom and it made it so much easier. GL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"