D.C. Area Babies
Options

sorry, I'm a lying liar who lies :-)

2»

Re: sorry, I'm a lying liar who lies :-)

• Options

Thanks, everyone!! The sonogram went great today, everything looks fine. The baby is measuring at about 8.5 weeks and my due date is Feb 28....so we could have a leap year baby! (poor kid!)

Anyway, I am doing fine, I'm just really tired and random bouts of nausea pop up with no warning. If I let myself get remotely hungry, I start feeling really sick and queasy. And then once I'm queasy, nothing sounds good to eat...so basically I just need to eat a lot more snacks. (which is kind of hard to remember to do while trying to keep Warner from tearing down the house) Oh, and the sleep thing is kind of killing me. I knew I had it easy when I was pg with Warner. I was in school full time, but had a pretty cushy schedule the first two trimesters (and I was spectacularly lazy for the last trimester when I wasn't in school OR working). I could sleep in every day, take naps in the afternoon if I needed to. So even if I didn't sleep well at night, it's not like I was doing much to really tired myself out during the day. You know, not like running around after a two year old who is up at the crack o'dawn and wants to PLAY PLAY PLAY!

I have very little to complain about, but this is a very different pregnancy experience overall. But at the same time, it's cool because I was really freaked out about being pg the first time. I was worried about what was going to happen to my body, I was terrified of labor, and how a child might change our relationship so when I got my BFP that time, I was excited but very apprehensive. This time, it was pretty much pure joy. I'm super excited to have a new little person on the way :-)

• Options

geez louise, that was long...sorry. just one more thing.

today at the doctor's office, we had Warner with us for the sonogram. we were telling him that what was on the screen was a baby in mommy's belly. of course, he looked at us like we were insane. he's been on the kick lately of wanting to do everything we do. and after a few seconds he said, very emphatically, "no, I have babies in MY belly!!" and for the rest of the day, he insisted that there are "babies" in his belly. I soooo cannot wait to tease him about this when he is a teenager :-)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations!!  How exciting!  H&H 9 months to you :)
  • Options
    I am waaaayyy late to the party but CONGRATULATIONS, Sneaky!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"