Qs on Harry Potter part 2 (*spoilers*) — The Bump
Seattle Babies

Qs on Harry Potter part 2 (*spoilers*)

So we saw the movie last night.  And there was the part where Snape's tears let harry look at the truth in that pool of memories...and it showed that Snape's patronus was a Doe like Lilly's - right...

So what was that saying?  Was it saying that Snape was the real person that saved harry? or was it saying that Snape is Harry's real father??????

Easter 2011

Largest selection of Halloween Costumes

Re: Qs on Harry Potter part 2 (*spoilers*)

• I haven't seen the movie but I have read the books a bajillion times:

What Harry was looking at was Snape's memory of Lily.  Snape was in love with Lily.  You generate a patronus by thinking of your best memory (so you can fight the dementors effectively), and Snape's best memory was of Lily, so his patronus ended up as her Doe.

And Snape did save Harry in the end, completely redeeming himself in Harry's eyes, which is why Harry and Ginny named their son Albus Severus. 

ETA - You also see this in Prisoner of Azkaban.  During the scene when Harry and Sirius are being attacked by the Dementors, a Stag patronus shows up and saves them. 

After Harry and Hermione use the Time Turner, the eventually end up at the attack.  Up until this point, Harry thought his dad was still alive and had sent the Stag patronus.  Harry's dad was Animagi and he turned into a stag. (Sirius and Peter Pettigrew were also animagi, turning into a dog and a rat, respectively.)  So Harry eventually figures out that his dad isn't really alive and saves himself and Sirius by using a Stag patronus, which Harry generates. 

(Aside: Sirius, Peter Pettigrew, James Potter and Prof. Lupin were all friends as teens.  When Lupin was attacked by a werewolf, Sirius, Peter and James illegally became animagi so they could help protect Lupin during his werewolf times.)

This is one of the huge problems I had with PoA, because the writers/director really needed to explain this further so that the Marauder's Map and it's creators made more sense.  Creators:  Padfoot (Sirius), Wormtail (Peter Pettigrew), Moony (Lupin) and Prongs (James Potter). 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Very impressive, CG.
    [IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/eqv3b6.jpg[/IMG]
  • Yeah, I'm a little obsessed.

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• A)  We had the same question, I wondered if Snape was Harry's dad too, in which case his mom was kind of a ho bag.  :)

B) Cin - that makes a lot more sense, thanks!

C) That gif is awesomesauce. 

D) I liked at the end of the movie how the only way they could make Ginny look older was to give her a mom bob.  She still looked 14 though.  :)

-Deborah

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards