Tennessee Babies
Options

Nanny in the Nashville Area

My husband and I are looking for a nanny in the Nashville area. Does anyone know of a good company to find local nannies? Thanks!

Re: Nanny in the Nashville Area

• Options
    we used care.com too! Highly recommend it!
    image   image
  • Options

On this same note....  Does anyone know the average weekly rate for a nanny in Nashville?  We have a 2 year old and are expecting a new baby in August.  We like our daycare a lot but with 2 kids I'm starting to weigh the pros and cons of having a nanny versus 2 kids in daycare.  Would love to hear any thoughts.

Thanks,
    Jen

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagetnmaybride04:

On this same note....  Does anyone know the average weekly rate for a nanny in Nashville?  We have a 2 year old and are expecting a new baby in August.  We like our daycare a lot but with 2 kids I'm starting to weigh the pros and cons of having a nanny versus 2 kids in daycare.  Would love to hear any thoughts.

Thanks,
    Jen

We're considering 'Nannies of Green Hills.' The website said their Nannies earn between $11-$15/hr. https://nanniesofgreenhills.com/index.html

• Options

I know this doesn't help right away, but I am having our first baby in November and starting in January 2012 I will be providing in-home child care (I currently work in a corporate office).

I live in the Crieve Hall area (near Maryland Farms in Brentwood). If you are in need of something more permanent in January I would love for you to consider me. I am looking at charging $40 a day ($800 a month) for care provided at my house, but would be willing to come to your house, I would just ask that I am allowed to bring my child along. Price negotiable.

If not, best of luck!

• Options

I'm a Nanny in the Nashville area!  I found one of my positions on Care.com and on one Sittercity.com.  My last position, I watched 2 kids and made $12/hr cash!  Nannies are usually more expensive, but worth it in most cases.  I've work at a great Daycare before I started Nannying, and we had a day every single week where we stayed late or came in late and cleaning literally EVERYTHING in the area.  Most don't do that though, I'm pretty sure and in my experience kids get sick a lot more at Daycares then they do having a Nanny. There are pro's and con's to both, but I think once you have more than one child it is DEFINITELY worth looking into.  If you decide to go with a Daycare, either stay with the one you know and like or thoroughly investigate all potentials!  Just my advice.

I'm also considering taking in another child or two after my LO is born... a few months later, but that won't be until 2012!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"