Washington Babies

FFFC

2»

Re: FFFC

• imagenewmommy74:

I regularly park in a garage in the city that says if you spend $30 at particular stores you park for free instead of paying $7 per hour. I spend $30 on whatever and then the next time I go and return the item/s getting my money back so that infact the parking never costs me a dime at all!!

I am tight when it comes to parking :)

THAT.IS.BRILLIANT! 

• imagenewmommy74:

I regularly park in a garage in the city that says if you spend $30 at particular stores you park for free instead of paying $7 per hour. I spend $30 on whatever and then the next time I go and return the item/s getting my money back so that infact the parking never costs me a dime at all!!

I am tight when it comes to parking :)

That's awesome! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageMrsKatie:

I had girls night out last night for the first time since A was born.  It was not at all what I wanted it to be.  All my friends (but one) are in totally different places in their lives and I feel I'm slowly losing my closeness with them.  I try so hard to reach out and be flexible, but it is really hard with a 5 month old.

I'm in a rut.  When it comes to style, friends and life in general.  I hate my job, I hate the way I look and I hate that I have nothing in common with people who used to be so close to me.  I hate that I drive 80 miles a day and I hate that the only quality time I have with A is in the car. 

I'm tired of putting on this happy face, with the "I can do anything" attitude. Everyone says work gets so much easier, but honestly, it is getting harder for me.  We financially can't have me not working and it pisses me off since my H makes over six figures.  I find it absurd that he makes that amount of money and I can't be home.  I have taken over finances (he has always dealt with them) to see where we are spending our money - in hopes that if we cut back a little somewhere I might be able to stay home.  So far, we can't do it.  I can't believe we have made a life where it is necessary for us to be making this kind of money.  I'm not complaining about the things we do or what we have, I'm very grateful for it, but the whole situation just makes me bitter. 

My poor husband, he is so supportive and I feel like all I do biitch to him because I have no one else to talk to. Ugh.

I know how you feel. I have been trying to do something fun with my friends but no one seems to want to do anything. Several of my friends get together at ones house and have drinks and a good time. Ever since Edmund was conceived I haven't been invited. I get to go out with DH and the "guys" but they aren't the same and we take Edmund with us when we go. 

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • I took a "sick" day so I could take care of a bunch of chores (like calling the bank, changing the car insurance, paying some bills, etc.) These chores stress me out for some reason. I probably could have taken care of everything within an hour or two on my lunch break or on a Saturday morning. But I took a day off because it just stresses me out and I needed a whole day to psych myself up and take breaks in between each chore.

Photobucket  image
    Married: December 2005 ~ Started TTC: December 2008 ~ DH: 33, Me: 30
    Diagnosis: severe MFI, late ovulation, short LP, DOR
    Only option is IVF/ICIS. Waited several years before treatment because we're OOP.
    IVF/ICIS #1 in June 2012 (Protocol: Long Lupron). Stims: 6/17/12, ER: 6/30/12 (6R, 5M, 4F), ET: 7/5/12 (1 4AA embryo transferred, 0 made it to freeze) ~ Beta#1: 7/14/12 - 55, Beta#2: 7/16/12 - 100, Beta#3: 7/18/12 - 199 ~ Limbo for weeks, finally confirmed pregnancy not viable: 8/13/12 ~ D&C: 8/17/12 
    Varicocele Surgery: October 2012 (long break to wait for results, no change) 
    Changed clinics: February 2013 
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #2 in April 2013 (Protocol: Antagonist). Stims: 4/12/13, Cycle Cancelled: 4/17/13 for poor follicle response and low E2 rise. 
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #3 in May 2013 (Protocol: LEAP) Cycle Cancelled: 5/20/13 at suppression check due to cyst
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #4 in July 2013 (Protocol: LEAP). Stims: 7/20/13, ER: 8/1/13 (12R, 11M, 9F), ET: 8/6/13 (3 fair embryos transferred, 0 made it to freeze) ~ Beta#1: 8/15/13 - 86, Beta#2: 8/18/13 - 390.6, Ultrasound: 9/3/13 - TWO HEARTBEATS! 

• My husband's legs are MUCH nicer than mine and he shaves them.  At first the shaving totally creeped me out, now I don't mind it.  I dislike being jealous of a mans' legs though.

He is a cyclist.

• I cleaned my room yesterday for the first time since Holden was born...  and I dont mean that Dh has been cleaning our room, I mean that NO ONE has cleaned our room (until yesterday) in 2.5 years. 
    imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • image~Lynchie~:
    I cleaned my room yesterday for the first time since Holden was born...  and I dont mean that Dh has been cleaning our room, I mean that NO ONE has cleaned our room (until yesterday) in 2.5 years. 

I'm with ya.  Ours gets "tidied" now and then but is generally just a giant pile of clothing and excess crap.  Every time anyone comes over, we "clean" the common areas by shoving stuff into the bedroom, and while most of it usually comes back out and goes right back where it was there is always something that gets left in there.  And, oh man, does it accumulate.  If I wasn't so certain I'd lose something important, like my social security card or my laptop or Lila, I'd just toss in a grenade and be done with it.

• We are TTC #2 and every time AF shows I'm actually a little relieved.  Only because I am so terrified of having to have a c-section again.  My first one was so awful and traumatic that I am scared sh!tless of having another.  I desperately want more kids, but the idea of another c-section is so awful to me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageiHeartHimMore:

image~Lynchie~:
    I cleaned my room yesterday for the first time since Holden was born...  and I dont mean that Dh has been cleaning our room, I mean that NO ONE has cleaned our room (until yesterday) in 2.5 years. 

I'm with ya.  Ours gets "tidied" now and then but is generally just a giant pile of clothing and excess crap.  Every time anyone comes over, we "clean" the common areas by shoving stuff into the bedroom, and while most of it usually comes back out and goes right back where it was there is always something that gets left in there.  And, oh man, does it accumulate.  If I wasn't so certain I'd lose something important, like my social security card or my laptop or Lila, I'd just toss in a grenade and be done with it.

At least I'm not alone. I always put a sign on it when people are over "Do not disturb the cat" and lock her in there. Works like a charm.

• imageWatchPot:
    My H and I are in the middle of a bad dry spell, probably the longest we've ever gone without doin it.  We have talked about it and both have acknowledged it, but neither has done anything to break the spell.  I am getting increasingly bitter that he won't initaite anything, but at the same time, I'm not exactly taking off my clothes and jumping his bones either. He's the guy, he's supposed to want it all the time. 

This is so us since E was born.  It drives me crazy!  I plan the meals, do 90% of the grocery shopping and most of the budget work, keep track of all the baby stuff, and I'm supposed to regulate the bedroom besides?  I don't think so!

(FWIW, the man does pitch in a do a lot around the house, just not as much as me).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageiHeartHimMore:

image~Lynchie~:

Me too me too. 

• imageKRoseToes:
    I took a "sick" day so I could take care of a bunch of chores (like calling the bank, changing the car insurance, paying some bills, etc.)

It seems like i spent the bulk of my workday doing similar stuff. I apoke with 4 doctors offices, one pahrmacy, the insurance company, the DOL, the legislative hotline, the WA Dept of Wildlife, left VM for my state senator and 2 representatives. My real work got done while on hold and during lunch. I am exhausted.

Confession part: the WA state stuff was because of the new parking fee for state parks.  whatever. It's ok. But the stupid pass is tied to your license plate number.  How about when the DOL makes you get a new plate in February and the parks pass doesn't expire until July? Or you buy a new car? Or your car is in the shop and you want to take your kid to the playground in the loaner car/ No one knows.  And of course no one though of this before implementing the plan.  Pure genius.

I am going to be the most hated mom at my kids public school.

• Last night one of my GFs and I went out to get a drink.  She REALLY needed one.  We both had a rough time getting out of our houses and were so excited that we did it.   Well, guess what?  Her license had expired on her (35th) birthday earlier this month and she couldn't order anything.  When my drink came, I put my lemon slice on her water glass and traded her my gin&tonic glass since they looked the same otherwise.

Michelle, you're allowed to flame/hate me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagepreston18:
    Confession part: the WA state stuff was because of the new parking fee for state parks.  whatever. It's ok. But the stupid pass is tied to your license plate number.  How about when the DOL makes you get a new plate in February and the parks pass doesn't expire until July? Or you buy a new car? Or your car is in the shop and you want to take your kid to the playground in the loaner car/ No one knows.  And of course no one though of this before implementing the plan.  Pure genius.

I'm annoyed with the one car rule too. Our car was actually in the shop last weekend and we couldn't go to a park, like we were planning on, because the pass doesn't work with the other car.

Photobucket  image
    Married: December 2005 ~ Started TTC: December 2008 ~ DH: 33, Me: 30
    Diagnosis: severe MFI, late ovulation, short LP, DOR
    Only option is IVF/ICIS. Waited several years before treatment because we're OOP.
    IVF/ICIS #1 in June 2012 (Protocol: Long Lupron). Stims: 6/17/12, ER: 6/30/12 (6R, 5M, 4F), ET: 7/5/12 (1 4AA embryo transferred, 0 made it to freeze) ~ Beta#1: 7/14/12 - 55, Beta#2: 7/16/12 - 100, Beta#3: 7/18/12 - 199 ~ Limbo for weeks, finally confirmed pregnancy not viable: 8/13/12 ~ D&C: 8/17/12 
    Varicocele Surgery: October 2012 (long break to wait for results, no change) 
    Changed clinics: February 2013 
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #2 in April 2013 (Protocol: Antagonist). Stims: 4/12/13, Cycle Cancelled: 4/17/13 for poor follicle response and low E2 rise. 
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #3 in May 2013 (Protocol: LEAP) Cycle Cancelled: 5/20/13 at suppression check due to cyst
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #4 in July 2013 (Protocol: LEAP). Stims: 7/20/13, ER: 8/1/13 (12R, 11M, 9F), ET: 8/6/13 (3 fair embryos transferred, 0 made it to freeze) ~ Beta#1: 8/15/13 - 86, Beta#2: 8/18/13 - 390.6, Ultrasound: 9/3/13 - TWO HEARTBEATS! 

• imagedoublem:

Last night one of my GFs and I went out to get a drink.  She REALLY needed one.  We both had a rough time getting out of our houses and were so excited that we did it.   Well, guess what?  Her license had expired on her (35th) birthday earlier this month and she couldn't order anything.  When my drink came, I put my lemon slice on her water glass and traded her my gin&tonic glass since they looked the same otherwise.

Ha!  No can do, my dear.  I probably would have done the same thing.  I mean, she's 35, not 19. 

• imagedoublem:

Last night one of my GFs and I went out to get a drink.  She REALLY needed one.  We both had a rough time getting out of our houses and were so excited that we did it.   Well, guess what?  Her license had expired on her (35th) birthday earlier this month and she couldn't order anything.  When my drink came, I put my lemon slice on her water glass and traded her my gin&tonic glass since they looked the same otherwise.

That's weird that they wouldn't serve her.  I would think that she wouldn't be able to drive on that license, but it still proves her identity and age.  It's not like that changes when the license expires.    ALthough obviously I don't know the law on it, but if the law is that an expired license doesn't count, then that's just dumb.  Good job helping her out.   and I guess good for her for still getting carded at age 35.  :) 

• imageSeattle_JiLLn:
    imagedoublem:

That's weird that they wouldn't serve her.  I would think that she wouldn't be able to drive on that license, but it still proves her identity and age.  It's not like that changes when the license expires.    ALthough obviously I don't know the law on it, but if the law is that an expired license doesn't count, then that's just dumb.  Good job helping her out.   and I guess good for her for still getting carded at age 35.  :) 

To sell any one of any age alcohol the license must be unexpired and not have any punches through either the expiration date or the photo. If any of the above are true and a liquor sting were to happen the cashier/bartender can lose their job face a fine and the establishment could lose their liquor license.

• imageCiaram22:
    imageSeattle_JiLLn:
    imagedoublem:

To sell any one of any age alcohol the license must be unexpired and not have any punches through either the expiration date or the photo. If any of the above are true and a liquor sting were to happen the cashier/bartender can lose their job face a fine and the establishment could lose their liquor license.

That is a dumb law!  Expiring doesn't make your age change!  oh well.   

• imageSeattle_JiLLn:

As my experience yesterday proved, the state doesn't exactly think before they make laws.  But this one I can see.  On of my college besties was exactly 3 years older and we looked a lot alike.  We considered me just taking her old license because I'd never screw up the birthdate, but since most of the drinking was at peoples homes and purchased by those 21+, we never bothered.

• imageSeattle_JiLLn:
    imageCiaram22:
    imageSeattle_JiLLn:
    imagedoublem:

That's not entirely true.  Because technically that also means that the elderly couple at the next table sharing that glass of white zinfandel also has to have their IDs on them or the establishment could get in trouble.  But who's going to card a 70 year?  In practice, if the liquor board was to come in for a check, they wouldn't be focusing so much on people who are well over 21.

Think of it this way.  Most of the time when I go out I don't get carded at all.  My license could very well be expired (or non-existent for that matter) but I don't look anywhere near 21 so a reasonable person would assume that I'm far beyond the legal drinking age.  If a LCB rep came in carding, it's possible there would be questions, but highly unlikely that the bartender would face any punishment for serving me, and the establishment would absolutely not lose their license.  That would only happen if the person was actually underage. 

I don't know if the same applies to stores.... I just know the bar world.  :) 

• imagepreston18:
    imageSeattle_JiLLn:

As my experience yesterday proved, the state doesn't exactly think before they make laws.  But this one I can see.  On of my college besties was exactly 3 years older and we looked a lot alike.  We considered me just taking her old license because I'd never screw up the birthdate, but since most of the drinking was at peoples homes and purchased by those 21+, we never bothered.

Yeah except using someone else's id isn't limited to expired ones.  One of my friends "lost" hers so I took that and she used her new one.

• imageiHeartHimMore:
    imageSeattle_JiLLn:
    imageCiaram22:
    imageSeattle_JiLLn:
    imagedoublem:

That's not entirely true.  Because technically that also means that the elderly couple at the next table sharing that glass of white zinfandel also has to have their IDs on them or the establishment could get in trouble.  But who's going to card a 70 year?  In practice, if the liquor board was to come in for a check, they wouldn't be focusing so much on people who are well over 21.

Think of it this way.  Most of the time when I go out I don't get carded at all.  My license could very well be expired (or non-existent for that matter) but I don't look anywhere near 21 so a reasonable person would assume that I'm far beyond the legal drinking age.  If a LCB rep came in carding, it's possible there would be questions, but highly unlikely that the bartender would face any punishment for serving me, and the establishment would absolutely not lose their license.  That would only happen if the person was actually underage. 

I don't know if the same applies to stores.... I just know the bar world.  :) 

I should have clarified that my statement was only if you get carded. If I card someone at work and they have a punch through the expiration date or the photo I cannot sell them alcohol. If you have an expired card you must have the paper copy of your new one to be able to use the expired license as an ID.

The Sharis my grandparents frequent in Walla Walla card everyone no matter how old you are. She is 75 and gets carded every they eat there.

• imageCiaram22:

The Sharis my grandparents frequent in Walla Walla card everyone no matter how old you are. She is 75 and gets carded every they eat there.

that is so stupid. 

• imageMrsKatie:

I had girls night out last night for the first time since A was born.  It was not at all what I wanted it to be.  All my friends (but one) are in totally different places in their lives and I feel I'm slowly losing my closeness with them.  I try so hard to reach out and be flexible, but it is really hard with a 5 month old.

I'm in a rut.  When it comes to style, friends and life in general.  I hate my job, I hate the way I look and I hate that I have nothing in common with people who used to be so close to me.  I hate that I drive 80 miles a day and I hate that the only quality time I have with A is in the car. 

I'm tired of putting on this happy face, with the "I can do anything" attitude. Everyone says work gets so much easier, but honestly, it is getting harder for me.  We financially can't have me not working and it pisses me off since my H makes over six figures.  I find it absurd that he makes that amount of money and I can't be home.  I have taken over finances (he has always dealt with them) to see where we are spending our money - in hopes that if we cut back a little somewhere I might be able to stay home.  So far, we can't do it.  I can't believe we have made a life where it is necessary for us to be making this kind of money.  I'm not complaining about the things we do or what we have, I'm very grateful for it, but the whole situation just makes me bitter. 

My poor husband, he is so supportive and I feel like all I do biitch to him because I have no one else to talk to. Ugh.

This. Minus DH being supportive and having a 6 digit income.
  • imagecupcakepirate:
    imageMrsKatie:

I'm sorry, but how is this constructive and/or helpful to another mom who's having a tough time?

I'm sorry your husband is not supportive and doesn't make 6 figures.

It's a shame either of you is feeling that way - because it sucks.

And if one wanted to be snarky about your comment, they could say, "well, perhaps he should get the training/education he'd need to make more".

• imageIdahoGirl:
    imagecupcakepirate:
    imageMrsKatie:

I'm sorry, but how is this constructive and/or helpful to another mom who's having a tough time?

I'm sorry your husband is not supportive and doesn't make 6 figures.

It's a shame either of you is feeling that way - because it sucks.

And if one wanted to be snarky about your comment, they could say, "well, perhaps he should get the training/education he'd need to make more".

Ok I'm confused...  Cupcake wasnt being snarky or damaging in her comment.  I'm pretty sure she just wanted to commiserate with Katie but couldnt just put the usual "this" since her situation is slightly different.    Why the snark?? 

imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • image~Lynchie~:

Ok I'm confused...  Cupcake wasnt being snarky or damaging in her comment.  I'm pretty sure she just wanted to commiserate with Katie but couldnt just put the usual "this" since her situation is slightly different.    Why the snark?? 

We'll have to agree to disagree on Cupcake being snarky.  Being up the salary and attitude of her husband - that's sort of like the Olympics of Pain (I'm stealing that from Katie).  It's like, Yeah, I know how you feel, only I don't have a supportive husband and lots of money.

Me?  I don't think bringing that into it is cool - which was my point.  And - as we know, not everyone is going to see things the same way.

Edit: Being = Bringing

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"