Single Parents
Options

Thinking about leaving my husband but scared

I have been thinking about it for a while now.  But I'm very worried about it. My main concerns are:

1. I already work full time I don't want to loose more time with my daughter if he gets 50/50 custody.

2. If he does get more then a few hours at a time visitation I won't be there to make sure she is ok and doesn't need anything.  I worry like crazy when I'm at work and he is home with her.

3. He has been unemployeed (but going to school full time) since she was born.  I don't think I make enough for me and her to live on let alone pay him child support or allimony or something.

4. I just don't know how I would do it.  Her and I would be starting from nothing.  And I have never lived by myself.  That is just kind of scary.

Any insight or anything would be appriciated!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Thinking about leaving my husband but scared

• Options

I don't know what your situation is but yes it's hard and yes it can be very scary.  My son and I moved out 10 months ago and are doing great now!  The divorce is final and things are getting back to some kind of normal.  First thing I recommend is finding your closest friend or relative and talk to them.  They love you and they will help you.  You can always talk with a lawyer about the child support/allimony questions many divorce attorneys will give you a free consult to ask basic questions like that.  You may not have to pay at all just depends on the situation and everyone is different.  If you have any other questions and want to chat more you can send me a private email.

Good Luck

• Options
    Knowledge is power, if I were you I would consult with an attorney.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't know your backstory or what the issues are in your marriage, but would counseling be something worth trying to work on your marriage?  Unless there is abuse, drug use, or some other deal breaker then I would suggest that you guys look into counseling.

I would also have to second achase's advice and say talk to a lawyer.  A lot of lawyers will provide a free consultation and answer a lot of your questions.

Your concerns are part of the territory when it comes to divorce.  In most cases the two parents will have to share the time with their child(ren) and you don't really get a say in what happens or how things are done during the other person's parenting time.  The alimony/child support; that will totally depend on your specific situation, so again speaking with a lawyer would be helpful.  Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Taking the first steps are the HARDEST parts, IMO.

BTW, I live in Charlotte MI but work in Battle Creek..we're practically neighbors Smile

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"