Washington Babies

FFFC

Let's make them good! :)
M + K = 05.16.09 | A.P. = 02.27.11

Re: FFFC

• I watch the neighbor girls on Fridays.  This morning their dad had to wake me up.  :/
    Love: 8/2000 | Marriage: 7/2005 | Baby makes three: 3/28/2007 | And one more makes...SIX?
    Steal my kids picture or pretend they are yours, I will find where you live and ship all of their dirty diapers to your doorstep. Promise. image
  • My sister and her hubs are having issues and it is killing me inside. I feel horrible ever saying 1 mean thing about them.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My step son asked his long time on again off again girlfriend to marry him. She said, yes. She isn't 21 yet, and he still lives with his mom. The wedding is going to be klassy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This isn't as much a confession as a majorly amazing event.

For those of you not on the national boards, the daughter of a bumpie named LCB was diagnosed with a rare disease and needs a complete bone marrow transfusion.  LCB had infertility issues and ended up with an IVF treatment that resulted in triplets.  They lost two of the three babies.  Kate, the daughter, is their only child. 

Not only did they find a donor, they got some wicked awesome celebrity help. 

(This post could also be entitled "Why Celine Dion is the bomb dot com.")

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• imageMaddimom:
    My sister and her hubs are having issues and it is killing me inside. I feel horrible ever saying 1 mean thing about them.

Hugs B, I'm sorry to hear this. I'm here if you want to talk.

Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • imagecinema_goddess:

This isn't as much a confession as a majorly amazing event.

For those of you not on the national boards, the daughter of a bumpie named LCB was diagnosed with a rare disease and needs a complete bone marrow transfusion.  LCB had infertility issues and ended up with an IVF treatment that resulted in triplets.  They lost two of the three babies.  Kate, the daughter, is their only child. 

Now that is awesome!

Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • imagecinema_goddess:

This absolutely gave me goose bumps. Thanks for sharing, CG!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic EDD: September 22, 2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had girls night out last night for the first time since A was born.  It was not at all what I wanted it to be.  All my friends (but one) are in totally different places in their lives and I feel I'm slowly losing my closeness with them.  I try so hard to reach out and be flexible, but it is really hard with a 5 month old.

I'm in a rut.  When it comes to style, friends and life in general.  I hate my job, I hate the way I look and I hate that I have nothing in common with people who used to be so close to me.  I hate that I drive 80 miles a day and I hate that the only quality time I have with A is in the car. 

I'm tired of putting on this happy face, with the "I can do anything" attitude. Everyone says work gets so much easier, but honestly, it is getting harder for me.  We financially can't have me not working and it pisses me off since my H makes over six figures.  I find it absurd that he makes that amount of money and I can't be home.  I have taken over finances (he has always dealt with them) to see where we are spending our money - in hopes that if we cut back a little somewhere I might be able to stay home.  So far, we can't do it.  I can't believe we have made a life where it is necessary for us to be making this kind of money.  I'm not complaining about the things we do or what we have, I'm very grateful for it, but the whole situation just makes me bitter. 

My poor husband, he is so supportive and I feel like all I do biitch to him because I have no one else to talk to. Ugh.

• I only snap the two side snaps on onsies, yup I'm lazy like that!

I really don't like the mortgage guy that dh and I have used the in past.  He always treats me like a 2nd class citizen and yesterday dh basically told him to go fly a kite.  It amazes me in this market that the guy is willing to lose customers!  Oh well his loss

imageimage Brothers! image
  • imagecinema_goddess:

WOOHOO!!!  That is awesome!! So glad they got a donor.  I have been following her blog, but hadn't read it in a few days. 

• imagetfarabians:

I only snap the two side snaps on onsies, yup I'm lazy like that!

I really don't like the mortgage guy that dh and I have used the in past.  He always treats me like a 2nd class citizen and yesterday dh basically told him to go fly a kite.  It amazes me in this market that the guy is willing to lose customers!  Oh well his loss

LOL sometimes I do that or only do the middle.  I'm right there with ya!

And that's great your husband told him off.  With all the competition, you would think he would treat his clients with respect.  Hope this teaches him a lesson.

• imageMrsKatie:

I had girls night out last night for the first time since A was born.  It was not at all what I wanted it to be.  All my friends (but one) are in totally different places in their lives and I feel I'm slowly losing my closeness with them.  I try so hard to reach out and be flexible, but it is really hard with a 5 month old.

I'm in a rut.  When it comes to style, friends and life in general.  I hate my job, I hate the way I look and I hate that I have nothing in common with people who used to be so close to me.  I hate that I drive 80 miles a day and I hate that the only quality time I have with A is in the car. 

I'm tired of putting on this happy face, with the "I can do anything" attitude. Everyone says work gets so much easier, but honestly, it is getting harder for me.  We financially can't have me not working and it pisses me off since my H makes over six figures.  I find it absurd that he makes that amount of money and I can't be home.  I have taken over finances (he has always dealt with them) to see where we are spending our money - in hopes that if we cut back a little somewhere I might be able to stay home.  So far, we can't do it.  I can't believe we have made a life where it is necessary for us to be making this kind of money.  I'm not complaining about the things we do or what we have, I'm very grateful for it, but the whole situation just makes me bitter. 

My poor husband, he is so supportive and I feel like all I do biitch to him because I have no one else to talk to. Ugh.

I am sorry you are feeling this way. Honestly, when DD was that age I felt very similar. My friends were all at a different place in life, none were married, owned a home, had a "real" job let alone a kid... it was hard and I dont talk to most of them much any more. They are all slowly catching up and I think in the next few years they will come around as they all get to wher we were and will come to us for advice! The friends I am closest to now- and spend the most time with- are ones that I have met here on the board! Good luck, it DOES get better, you just have to find the right support system for you :)

• imagecinema_goddess:

Yup it pretty much rocked.  What is AMAZING is that Kate only received 6 potential matches out of the screening.  I guess the average amount is 30-100.  And one was a perfect match.  I hope this is the answer for this little girl!!

DH-NOA confirmed with TESE, ME-Unexplained After 1 Miscarriage, 6 IUI's, our little miracles are here. Proud Parents of Twins. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    We're Finally Three
  • I think smocked dresses are ugly.  I do not understand the rage!
    DH-NOA confirmed with TESE, ME-Unexplained After 1 Miscarriage, 6 IUI's, our little miracles are here. Proud Parents of Twins. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    We're Finally Three
  • imagecinema_goddess:

Oh, this gave me chills.  LCB and I were pregnant at the same time and chatted a bit.  Then she lost her two babies.  She and I still followed each other but I stopped sometime last year.  She really deserves to catch a break.  All my thoughts and prayers are with Kate. 

I am already registered to DKMS and everyone really should!  It's the easiest thing to do.

Love: 8/2000 | Marriage: 7/2005 | Baby makes three: 3/28/2007 | And one more makes...SIX?
    Steal my kids picture or pretend they are yours, I will find where you live and ship all of their dirty diapers to your doorstep. Promise. image
  • A local business that I  know the owers of has been getting terrible review on Yelp and I almost stalk to see what terribel things people have to say. Each day pretty much is a new one. The only 5 star review is from the person who I know is the owner padding the reviews.  I too have had the produce twice both times I was underwhelmed by the item. I would give them a bad review too but I am sure I am the only Annette that they know and I really don't want to say bad things about someone I know.

Oct 2011 3 1/2 years old.
    Robert Williams Birth date 5/16/2008
  • BSJMMBSJMM member

I am going to start the INSANITY workout this weekend with my husband.  Because of this, I had a "last meal" that consisted of a GIGANTIC bowl of ice cream that was covered in magic shell.

I am so ashamed.  Okay, I'm not.

• imageBSJMM:

I am going to start the INSANITY workout this weekend with my husband.  Because of this, I had a "last meal" that consisted of a GIGANTIC bowl of ice cream that was covered in magic shell.

I am so ashamed.  Okay, I'm not.

I love magic shell. If I buy ice cream I always get it.

Oct 2011 3 1/2 years old.
    Robert Williams Birth date 5/16/2008
  • imageMrsKatie:

I had girls night out last night for the first time since A was born.  It was not at all what I wanted it to be.  All my friends (but one) are in totally different places in their lives and I feel I'm slowly losing my closeness with them.  I try so hard to reach out and be flexible, but it is really hard with a 5 month old.

I'm sorry you are going through all of this. The friends part seems to be a common theme on this board. I'm with you and itskacie as far as none of my friends are even close to being married, owning a home, etc. This is despite being in our early 30's. I have drifted apart from them since I got married and rarely see any of them. I think this just happens sometimes in life. Like itskacie, I have met some women on this board that have become good friends.  We have more in common and can relate on more things being that we are in the same places in life.

I hope you are able to find a good balance in your life soon. I think it's always an ongoing process. Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic EDD: September 22, 2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Last night Holden kept climbing out of his crib when he was supposed to be sleeping.  (We are in the process of getting his big boy room ready, but its not quite there yet)  We put him to bed at 8:30 and finally around 11:20 and my billionth time of putting him back in his crib, I layed him down and said "If you climb out of your crib one more time we are going to have to take away Bobo (his favorite lovey)"  Then to make things worse I said "Bobo loves you, and he doesnt want to be taken away so you better stay in your crib or else Bobo will be sad".  Holden got the saddest look on his face and started kissing Bobo and saying sorry.  I instantly regretted saying it and I felt SO bad for the rest of the night, BUT, it worked.    I probably wont use that one again though, I still kind of feel bad this morning for making him so sad =/ 
    imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • imagecinema_goddess:

You already know I love me some Celine, but this just made my day to hear what she has done. She is so awesome. And I had heard just a bit about LCB and will definitely keep her and her little girl in my prayers.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageMrsKatie:

Big hugs mama!  I don't know where you live but we get together in the south end once a month, please feel free to join us.  Even at my old age I feel a lot less connected to the few girlfriends I once had.  The bump has been great as I have met a lot of great ladies.  Hopefully things start to turn around for you soon!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a little bitter that every place else in the country has been getting a heat wave while we've had rain and 60's all week.   I'm starting to feel like a pauper living next door to a millionaire.  I don't want 100 degree weather but how about splitting the difference and giving us sunny and 75!  Thank goodness it is supposed to be nice this weekend. 

Jen - Mom to Jillian (10/2008) and Hayden (4/2010)

My Blog

• I?ve only invited kids whose moms I know and like to N?s birthday party. And not even all of them. I have to limit the number of 3yos in my house somehow (as well as the number of parties he gets invited too).

We got a new TV last night and I want to go home and watch it. Now.

I?m nervous about the stability of my job. I could either start really looking now or wait and see what happens.  Severance and unemployment sounds like a not horrible option.

• image~Lynchie~:
    Last night Holden kept climbing out of his crib when he was supposed to be sleeping.  (We are in the process of getting his big boy room ready, but its not quite there yet)  We put him to bed at 8:30 and finally around 11:20 and my billionth time of putting him back in his crib, I layed him down and said "If you climb out of your crib one more time we are going to have to take away Bobo (his favorite lovey)"  Then to make things worse I said "Bobo loves you, and he doesnt want to be taken away so you better stay in your crib or else Bobo will be sad".  Holden got the saddest look on his face and started kissing Bobo and saying sorry.  I instantly regretted saying it and I felt SO bad for the rest of the night, BUT, it worked.    I probably wont use that one again though, I still kind of feel bad this morning for making him so sad =/ 

Oohh!  I can see the look on his face just by reading this.  You did the right thing, mama.

• imagettgcole:
    imageMrsKatie:

Big hugs mama!  I don't know where you live but we get together in the south end once a month, please feel free to join us.  Even at my old age I feel a lot less connected to the few girlfriends I once had.  The bump has been great as I have met a lot of great ladies.  Hopefully things start to turn around for you soon!!

I don't know how to do multiple quotes, but thanks for the encouragement everyone!  I know it will get easier (I hope, too!).  It's just a sucky point.  I don't live in the south end, I'm up north in LS - if I lived down there I would totally join though!

• My H and I are in the middle of a bad dry spell, probably the longest we've ever gone without doin it.  We have talked about it and both have acknowledged it, but neither has done anything to break the spell.  I am getting increasingly bitter that he won't initaite anything, but at the same time, I'm not exactly taking off my clothes and jumping his bones either. He's the guy, he's supposed to want it all the time. 
    BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • imageMrsKatie:

I am so sorry! I totally felt this way too after my second child was born. It was PPD for me.  I got some help and also moving to a sunnier climate has helped my overall mood in general. Today doesn't count (it's been just an overload day of stuff, even though it's beautiful weatherwise here) but seriously I had issues b/c of the horrible weather. My friends also started to just frustrate me too so I'm kind of happy to just start over. Hang in there and see if you can't just go talk to someone about stuff, it helps. GL!

• I hurt my foot bad doing a race last weekend, and then doing something stupid at work [when I probably should not have even been at work after hurting it in the first place].  DH told me not to do the race because he thought I'd get hurt, and he is gloating bad.  It's pissing me off.  He wouldn't even help me clean it out because he said he was just too mad that I did the race in the first place.  Gah. 

I'm in a rut health wise.  I worked so hard, lost 50 lbs and have about 15 more to go.  But I'm fitting in my old clothes again, and am so tired, and really, I love food.  So for at least the last five weeks or so I haven't lost any but have probably actually gained a few lbs back.  I hate having a tummy and chunky thighs but my motivation is zilch.  Why is this a FFC?  Because I am eating a ginormous chocolate chunk cookie as I type this. 

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not sure I can do better than knowing someone who is named their business something with their name in it and their name could be misprounounced to rhyme w/ labia. Per Wed or whatever day that was.

The California DMV experinece makes me want to scratch my eyes out. It's a nightmare AND I LOST my WA drivers license somehow which I didn't realize until I freaking got there. So I have to find it or get a new one in order to skip the driver's test. DH is going to love that I have to pay to replace a license that will then be voided and pay to get one here.

There is so much on my plate that is so hard to do w/ a one and three year old WRT the move, getting a car serviced and the whole car seat swap, trying to keep them safe and entertained in a brand new town and in an apartment no less where the kids share a room and wake each other up every night, get packed up again to go on a trip and then move into our house. Gahhh I have been doing fine just some days are overload.

I let the kids watch a little too much Little Einsteins lately and probably go to Starbucks too much. Survival.

• DH came home last night from his fishing club meeting, went to peak in on DS (who was still wide awake) he saw Daddy and started yelling "mommy, mommy" DH walked away and DS started to scream and cry.  So went in to get him, had DH read him a few stories and put him back to bed.  He was fine until they got back to his room then he started to scream again.  This went on for quite a while.  I was so pissed at DH. DS was fine until he "checked on him"  DH says he learned his lesson but " just wanted to see him" hmmm how about next time you do it on the sly..ugh...
  • I am with Mrs Katie all the way!!!  We moved back just before DS was born, and I wish we'd never left.  Too bad there is no way we can afford to go back.  We can barely afford to stay here, but atleast here we have family to help watch DS from time to time.  I am NOT a morning person, but in order to get to work on time, I get up about 5 AM, leave at 6.  Pick up DS from daycare at 5PM, and I'm home by 5:30 or 6 depending on if I have to go to the grocery store or not.  My only quality time with DS is shoving food in his face and giving him a bath.  DH gets home about 7-7:30 sometimes later.  Just in time for me to put DS to bed, then I'm out by 9PM.  I want to SCREAM every time my SAHM friend complains about not having time to get things done!  I only have the weekend to clean and do laundry and we usually end up having something else going on too.  My mom is coming today at noon for the weekend and I didn't even attempt to clean.  I'm sure I will be hearing about it.  If not from her, my sister will tell me next week about how she complained about it all the way home.

image'>image

• imagemyself1nme:

I am with Mrs Katie all the way!!!  We moved back just before DS was born, and I wish we'd never left.  Too bad there is no way we can afford to go back.  We can barely afford to stay here, but atleast here we have family to help watch DS from time to time.  I am NOT a morning person, but in order to get to work on time, I get up about 5 AM, leave at 6.  Pick up DS from daycare at 5PM, and I'm home by 5:30 or 6 depending on if I have to go to the grocery store or not.  My only quality time with DS is shoving food in his face and giving him a bath.  DH gets home about 7-7:30 sometimes later.  Just in time for me to put DS to bed, then I'm out by 9PM.  I want to SCREAM every time my SAHM friend complains about not having time to get things done!  I only have the weekend to clean and do laundry and we usually end up having something else going on too.  My mom is coming today at noon for the weekend and I didn't even attempt to clean.  I'm sure I will be hearing about it.  If not from her, my sister will tell me next week about how she complained about it all the way home.

I feel for you.  I hope the weekend goes well!  I'm always here to chat to (if you had the time, ha!)

• imageWatchPot:
    My H and I are in the middle of a bad dry spell, probably the longest we've ever gone without doin it.  We have talked about it and both have acknowledged it, but neither has done anything to break the spell.  I am getting increasingly bitter that he won't initaite anything, but at the same time, I'm not exactly taking off my clothes and jumping his bones either. He's the guy, he's supposed to want it all the time. 

Sorry, S!  That's frustrating.  I feel ya, though.  We had sex 2x during pregnancy (both were not very good, and then I was on pelvic rest for about 1/2 the pg) and that's it since probably last August.  The sad thing is I still have no interest.  I sometimes feel guilty and offer DH a little "help."  After I was cleared for activity 6 weeks pp, I asked DH if he was interested in getting back to it, admitting I still have no interest. I was surprised when he said his drive was really low lately and turned me down.  I really wasn't very disappointed.

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • imageWatchPot:
    My H and I are in the middle of a bad dry spell, probably the longest we've ever gone without doin it.  We have talked about it and both have acknowledged it, but neither has done anything to break the spell.  I am getting increasingly bitter that he won't initaite anything, but at the same time, I'm not exactly taking off my clothes and jumping his bones either. He's the guy, he's supposed to want it all the time. 

Sorry. Hopefully you can get back into it later in pg. I seem to remember with W, enjoying it more in 3rd, once my tummy wasn't all sick feeling. 

• Last Friday was our anniversary. We had a sitter come over (which never happens!) and went out and had SUCH a good time!!

My FFFC is that I had too much to drink and was drunk by the time we got home. I tried really hard to not slur and hope that the check that I wrote her was legible. I'm worried that I failed miserably and scared our innocent 18-year old Mormon babysitter. I'm nervous to call her again and have her say no.

• Today was Brad Goode's last day on the King 5 morning news and I teared up when they played his co-anchor's (Joyce Taylor went on vacation this week) goodbye message on-air. 

I also teared up earlier this week when I saw the Space Shuttle land for the last time.  I'm such a sap!!

• imageMrsKatie:

I feel all of this. I only had a few close friend to begin with and since L was born they all slowly drifted away, after J poof all gone. I asked my cousin who is also one of my best friends why. Her response was bascially " Well we call you and you can't go out or anything so we just gave up"  Huh silly Shannon staying home and caring for her kids on a Tues. night rather than going to the bar.

I have to confess that very soon after that convo. she found out she was PG, and I all I could think about was what I shold tell her in a few months when she asks where all her friends have gone.

• I regularly park in a garage in the city that says if you spend $30 at particular stores you park for free instead of paying $7 per hour. I spend $30 on whatever and then the next time I go and return the item/s getting my money back so that infact the parking never costs me a dime at all!!

I am tight when it comes to parking :)

collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011
  • I am really annoyed by family drama right now.  My friend J was one of my bridesmaids, she and I were pretty tight and semi-related- my aunt married her uncle.  Last summer, aunt moved out- uncle is emotionally/verbally abusive to her and their 20 year old son and is a Rx drug addict.  She filed for divorce and it will be final soon.  Uncle, who is so strung out sometimes he has no idea what he has said or done, seems to have made up stories about aunt talking trash about his family including J's mom.  Now J is saying she doesn't want to come to Charlie's party if aunt will be there (she will) and has basically put me in the middle of it.  I am 99% sure aunt has never said anything negative and it's all lies, but apparently J believes it.  I told her it was her choice, but I hoped she would be able to put aside her issues for the day, and come with her son, who I love too.  No response yet.  J is also a total vaguebooker and drives DH nuts, so maybe it's better if she bails out.  I guess this was more of a vent and FFFC but whatever.

image Visit The Nest!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"