Potty Training
Options

Auto Flush Toliets

My DD has made huge progress in the potty training arena lately.  We only have her every Thursday and every other weekend but I could tell she was ready for PT, plus she is almost 4.  Anyway, she does really well, wears panties all day and only has the occasional accident, which I expect to happen.  So we were at the playland at the mall and I took her to the potty.  Well it was one of those self flushers and it scared her to death...now I can't get her on a public potty to save my life.  Just the other day I took her to the potty at the book store, she was so scared, she ended up peeing on the floor.  I am not sure how to remedy this situation.  I am so proud of her accomplishments, so I don't want to stop taking her fun places. TIA

Re: Auto Flush Toliets

• Options
    *LrCg**LrCg* member
    I keep sticky notes in my purse to cover those things up!  Also, DS went through a phase were he experienced a VERY loud public toliet flushing and it scared him so he never wanted to go in public again.  What we did was have him go but promised not to flush. I would take him out of the bathroom and my DH would be with him and I'd go back in and flush.  After awhile he got more comfortable with the loud flushes. 
  • Options

We went through the same exact thing when my daughter was newly potty trained. We ended up getting pink heart-shaped post it notes and covered the sensor with them, which stopped it from flushing. It took a while to build her confidence to try again but with the sticky note she finally tried it and did great.

Then her sister learned how to use the flush at home and started flushing on her to get a reaction which got her over that fear lol!

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I never remembered the post its so I just use 4 pieces of tp still attached and lay it over the sensor, this only works if the sensor is on the toliet and not the wall. then open the door before throwing inthe tp so we can walk out right as it flushes.
  • Options

imagebeci24:
    I never remembered the post its so I just use 4 pieces of tp still attached and lay it over the sensor, this only works if the sensor is on the toliet and not the wall. then open the door before throwing inthe tp so we can walk out right as it flushes.

This is what I do too. I put some TP over the sensor and then I let her open the door to the stall to leave before I remove it.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 4/9/09 - Chloe, our angel twin Lilypie First Birthday tickers>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"