February 2011 Moms
Options

Slight Panic

I found out last night our babysitter can no longer watch Tyler (for amazing reasons). DH and I found a place within our price range that we are going to go visit on Wednesday. I am really hoping this lady works out as she is only 6 min away from our house. For those of you with children in day care, what questions did you ask before choosing a place?
image     image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

image    image

Re: Slight Panic

• Options

My main question was do you have a open door?  That would be mean do you have a open door to parent so I can just drop in at any time. 

I also ask people I knew that had use that daycare about there experience there. 

It also helped that my GOd dughter went there so I kinda knew how they where. 

I love being able to just drop in or call any time to check on little man.  I want them to stay on there toes as to when mom or dad might pop around the corner. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Here are some things we asked about:

How many children do you care for currently, and what are their ages?  How long have you been caring for these children?  Can I contact their parents?  What is your daily routine?  How do you balance infant care (on demand) with caring for older children (more routine)?  What do you expect from us, as parents?  What communication will you provide us on a daily and weekly basis?  Are there designated "learning" periods each day?  What do those entail?  Are the children allowed to watch tv, and if so, for how long each day?  How do you handle outdoor play?  Do you go on field trips?  How would you handle an emergency situation with one of the children, like if they had to go to the hospital?  How do you handle a crying infant?  How do you handle a whole bunch of crying infants?  Are you certified in infant CPR, shaken baby syndrome, etc? 

And then of course ask about logistics: the time they open and close, written policies on illness/time off/late pickups/etc, and for a copy of their contract.

I hope this helps!  Honestly, the thing that stuck with me when we were interviewing wasn't so much the answers to all those questions, but that we just *knew* when we found the right place!  I hope things work out!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"