Babies on the Brain
Options

Am I a beoch, my MIL says no...

DH picked out my engagment ring, and while i love it... it's not what I asked for and very delicate, so I don't wear it often...

My idea is... to keep the setting and put the stone of the month we got married in and put the diamond in a new setting.

MIL thinks that is wonderful, since she thuoght I would have been involved in the actual picking of the ring any way...

I really want a plain secure setting, that's it... I'm not going to change the dimond or anything.

So Beoch or not so beoch?

PS, my MIL is awesome and I adore her for many reasons, and this just add to my love for her!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Am I a beoch, my MIL says no...

• Options
    Does DH care? I don't think that is biitchy if you are and he are in agreement.
  • Options
    I vote no- that's not a beochy thing to do.  I changed my original engagement ring and love the one I have now even more.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I personally would wear whatever DH picked out for me- to me that is what an engagement ring is all about.

I never hinted or picked out anything. I would also never think of altering my ring in any way. Just my opinion...

• Options
    not so beoch...atleast I hope not because i did the same thing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

PCOS and Hypothyroidism- Successful IUI's- May 2012 and October 2014.  Miscarriage @ 6w3d in December 2009.
  • Options
    Not at all my husband bought me an engagement ring I hated so he had to get me a different one. His family thought I was a beoch but I did not really care. There not wearing it I was!
  • Options
    No - Do you have pictures?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I don't think so. It's not like you are saying you want a bigger/better diamond or anything (which is bitchy IMO) You just want a new setting so you will wear it more often.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

DH might be a littel sad, that's the only reason I'm thinking about not doing it.  I'm not going to do it now, I might wait a bit, but I would really love to wear my rings every day, but I worry because the setting is so high and it gets caught on the gloves I use, and I'm terrified it will come off or break.  I know too many nurses who love their diamond or even their entire ring.

I might just keep the similar setting and add some prongs so it's more secure.

• Options
    imagemrs_b_2007:

I personally would wear whatever DH picked out for me- to me that is what an engagement ring is all about.

I never hinted or picked out anything. I would also never think of altering my ring in any way. Just my opinion...

True, however, I have to wear it every single day for the rest of my life and I think it is only fair that I actually like it.  I wonder if you would be saying this if you didn't care for your engagement ring.

PCOS and Hypothyroidism- Successful IUI's- May 2012 and October 2014.  Miscarriage @ 6w3d in December 2009.
  • Options

I would never have picked the ring DH got for me. But, he spent SO much time shopping and went to a bunch of different places and he was really proud of it. He did diamond research and knows how to locate the small flaw in mine (I still can't see it..).

I love it now. Mostly because it reminds me of how hard he worked to make me happy. That would be the only thing I wouldn't want to give up. 

Oh, and mine is 'tall' too, and gets caught on stuff (or scratches DH). It's is annoying sometimes.

• Options
    imagegoofyteacher:
    imagemrs_b_2007:

True, however, I have to wear it every single day for the rest of my life and I think it is only fair that I actually like it.  I wonder if you would be saying this if you didn't care for your engagement ring.

I guess I'm just not that hung up on it. It's a ring - it has meaning to me, and the meaning is more important than the "look" of it. (edit: not to say that you guys dont feel this way too, as I'm sure you all do)

I will say that it sounds like the OP was referencing more the fact that the setting is weird (gets caught on stuff, hard to wear with her job, etc.) which I think is totally different & I can see why she might want to change the setting. It's not like she wants more diamonds or something - which is what I am opposed to. (I've had a few friends do that because they didn't think it was "bling" enough for them immediately after getting engaged).

again, just my thoughts - not everyone has to feel this way. 

• Options

Not beochy at all. DH decided last minute that he was going to ask me on a specific day, the only setting the jewler could have done in time, for the stone DH had, was ugly. DH knew it was ugly but got it anyway so he could ask me on the specific day he wanted to. He and I immediatly designed the ring we wanted me to have and had it redone. And I think it's would be really nice to put the stone for the month you got married in, into the original setting....best of both worlds.

PIP of the ring please.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagemrs_b_2007:
    imagegoofyteacher:
    imagemrs_b_2007:

I guess I'm just not that hung up on it. It's a ring - it has meaning to me, and the meaning is more important than the "look" of it. (edit: not to say that you guys dont feel this way too, as I'm sure you all do)

I will say that it sounds like the OP was referencing more the fact that the setting is weird (gets caught on stuff, hard to wear with her job, etc.) which I think is totally different & I can see why she might want to change the setting. It's not like she wants more diamonds or something - which is what I am opposed to. (I've had a few friends do that because they didn't think it was "bling" enough for them immediately after getting engaged).

again, just my thoughts - not everyone has to feel this way. 

I totally agree on the "needing more diamond" issues that seems shallow.  I had problems with my setting because I injured several children because of how high it was, so I switched out the setting and kept the same diamond.

• Options
    There's nothing wrong with that.....would DH be more upset about this or if the diamond fell out of current setting and got lost?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

it's similar to this...

• Options

Beautiful, but how is that delicate? If you think that is delicate you should see mine.  I have the thinnest diamond band I've ever seen, but I have really skinny fingers so it works. 

Either way,  as long as your DH is fine with it do what you want.  It doesn't sound like you are doing it to get a better, bigger ring, just a ring that is more 'you'.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I feel like the center stone is too big for the setting... it kinds of sticks out and the prongs are streched to their limits.

That isnt' my exact ring... it's a smiliar one on the internet...

• Options
    I think if you're the one wearing it forever, you should completely swoon over it and feel comfortable in it.  I am definitely a biitch then if you are, because I have upgraded my diamond from .75 carat to 1 carat and I've also added a second band for the other side.  I absolutely love my setting and my wedding band but it looks much more balanced with 2 bands.  The second band DH got for me for my graduation from college and it's engraved with "Class of 2007".  So I'm definitely all-for changing it up if that's what you're happy with! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"