Texas Babies

Visiting San Antonio

Hello all,

My family will be visiting San Antonio next week and I am looking for things to entertain my 14 month old daughter. My husband will be in San Antonio for 2 weeks for work and my daughter and I will be joining him Wednesday to Wednesday. I am specifically looking for suggestions for things to keep her occupied during the day. I don't foresee the 2 of us doing very many of the "touristy" things together, so I'm looking for things that she would enjoy outside of the hotel room. Is there anywhere that has a big soft play area? What about the children's museum? Is there anything there to excite her or is it geared toward older children? I don't want us to go crazy staying in the hotel room all week! Also, any must see places or must eat restaurants? We have Friday night and all day Saturday and Sunday to be tourists!

Thanks for your help!

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Our Little Piece of the Internet
Heather & Michael ~ June 28, 2008

Re: Visiting San Antonio

• Also, we're staying at the Drury Inn & Suites by the airport. 

• Hi! You should take your little one to the San Antonio Children's Museum.  There is a great spot for toddlers that has lots of who-sits and whats-its for them to play with.  The place is downtown.  Enjoy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • While in SA, if you're going to see a movie, you MUST see it at the Alamo Drafthouse.  They have food, beer, and a hilarious pre-show.  There is one near the airport.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The zoo isn't far from the airport, but go early if you do because it gets HOT!  The Children's Museum is always fun and there are a few indoor play places in town too.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My son loves the zoo and Sea World. Sea World has a little water pay area for little ones. Take your sun tan lotion and drink lots of water! Have fun! Go to the Magic Time Machine for dinner and fun with you husband and little one.
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks for your suggestions! We are definitely going to visit the Children's Museum & possibly the zoo & Sea World!

• If you go to the zoo bring a swim diaper and her suit because they have a toddler area with a wading/swimming area that is fun.   The toddler area at the zoo also has a play house that's good for about 30 minutes of play and air conditioned.   The hippo area is also air conditioned and my 15 month old could spend 30 minutes in there looking at the fish.  There is also a miniture train that you can ride, which stops at the Witte museum.  

The Witte musuem has a science tree house that is supposed to have activities for all ages.   It's been a while since I've been so I'm not too sure what the have but it may be something to check out.  

There are also some indoor play areas around town that you pay an admission too.   My friends have taken their little ones to Minitown and have had fun going there.   The city libraries also have baby time and toddler time that is free.   I've heard good things about Landa Library's toddler time and I believe there is a playground outside of the library.

• She would probably like a place called Just Add Children. It's indoors, and has lots to do for the younger ones. It's really clean and it's only $5. My 2 little ones love it there. Everyone must wear socks though. Here's there website.

https://justaddchildren.com/pictures.html

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We love Just Add Children, too.  But just an FYI it's not close to the airport area at all.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"