Baby Showers
Options

Long way off but. . .

I have a very long time before my shower, my sister who is my best friend in the world is hosting it and planning it for me. She has asked me to start giving some thought to the guest list and I am drawing a blank. Who do you invite to a baby shower? Any advice you can give would be great. I have a couple very close friends but wonder who else I should invite.

Re: Long way off but. . .

• Options

Close friends, close family.  For the most part- local people.  If there are a few people who are out of town but you really feel they'd like to be invited, then sure, invite them.  But be conservative about it. 

A baby shower is a gift giving event and to be invited is to be asked to bring a gift- this should really be put out to the people you are close w/ and/or have a vested (so to speak) interest in your baby (grandmothers, sisters, etc). 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    My sisters and mom gave me a shower.  They invited all my close friends, family and family friends.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I literally pulled out the guest list from our wedding...and then just tweaked it and added friends that we have acquired or strengthened relations with since then...
  • Options
    I will be inviting friends and family and coworkers.  I've worked here for 6 years and have developed great relationships that go beyond the 9-5 working hours.  My husband is a dance instructor and has a dance troop.  The girls already asked him if they can throw me a shower.  So, they will either attend the one with my friends and family or have a separate, small shower for that group.  I am also inviting my mom's best friend.  She is part of our family and always celebrates large events with us.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Josiah James

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Naomi Rose

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    personally I prefer more intimate gatherings for stuff like this but it's really a personal choice. invite the people you think will support you and with whom you are comfortable. 
  • Options
    I literally pulled out our guest list from our wedding last year and copied off of that. I left out anyone that we drifted away from, but I also added some friends.
  • Options

While it is true that attending a shower obligates you to a gift, merely getting an invitation does not!

Invite anyone you would like to have there to celebrate with you, even if they are out of town.  Most folks do know that if they don't attend a shower they don't have to send a gift (unless they want to).  I didn't always send gifts to showers I didn't attend and I never felt guity about it.

• Options
    Ask her how many people she had in mind.  You don't want to give her a guest list for 20 and find out she only has room for 15.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"