Attachment Parenting
Options

Convertible car seats and 2010 Subaru Forester

Does anyone have any experience with the 2010 Subaru Forester and convertible car seats?  My DH and I are starting to do some research since DS is nearing the height limit of his bucket seat.  We are looking for something that can RF for as long as possible in the middle seat, but are not sure if we are being realistic.  Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Convertible car seats and 2010 Subaru Forester

• Options

I'm sorry I don't have a link, but I think NCBelle has some good carseat info on her blog, including a website that gives reviews of how well seats fit in different cars. 

We have a Toyota Highlander (which I don't think is too much bigger than a newer Forester), and went with the Britax Marathon 70.  There is plenty of room for it.  We love our Marathon, but I heard good things about the Radian carseats too.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

This site is sometimes helpful. https://www.carseatdata.org/ You may not get an answer on your specific car but you can play around and look at other cars and seats.

FWIW we have a True Fit Premier in our 2009 Honda Civic Sedan. It is in the middle and fits "perfect" meaning it works well for me because I'm short but my 6 foot 3 hubby does have his knees to the wheel when he is driving. I LOVE the seat thought it is awesome!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have a radian and it's great. Very skinny seat. But VERY tall. If it will fit between the front 2 seats, then it'll work. But if it doesn't, it might be too tall to fit behind the front seats, kwim?

Babies R Us lets you take seats out to your car to test the fit, probably other baby stores would too.

- Jena
  • Options
    imagejen5/03:

Babies R Us lets you take seats out to your car to test the fit, probably other baby stores would too.

That is very good to know! We have a 20% off coupon that we just got in the mail too :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We have a 2009 Subaru Forester and they didn't make any major changes to the 2010 model (we asked when we bought the 2009 because we wanted to make sure we shouldn't wait).

Our convertible car seat has been great in our Forester. We have the Britax Marathon and kept my son RF until just a week or so before he turned 2. I would liked to have kept him RF longer, but he hit the RF weight limit :-(

We had his seat in the middle and never had any issues. The back of the car seat did touch the back of the front seats, but just barely...and DH and I are both really tall and usually have the front seats as far back as they will go. So if you are shorter, you'll probably have more room. 

And we LOOOOOVE our Forester, it's been a fantastic car for us. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"