Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Help another baby!

Today I spent $332 on clothes (there was a sale at Ann Taylor Loft, but that is not the point of this post). Today I also read about this little girl who will die without a $7,000 heart surgery - or 21 trips to Ann Taylor. So, I gave $332 to her because I can't spend that on me and let a baby die.

Here is some more info....if you are so moved, I hope you will join me...I normally don't broadcast gift amounts, but I felt led to and want to encourage as many people as possible to join me so that we can see to it that this baby will not die!  There was nothing I could do for my daughter, but there is something I can do for this baby.  If you feel led to join me, I hope you will.  And regardless of whether you can participate or not, I hope everyone is having an ok night tonight, hugs to you all.

Blog post (linked below to donate):

Friends, we are writing asking your help to raise $7,000.  We know this is a lot of money and we know that many of you give generously already to Amazima and other wonderful organizations. 

A while ago Katie met a now 14-month old little girl named Jeanne.  She befriended Jeanne's parents, who she saw regularly in the hospital.  As they became friends, Katie learned Jeanne has a hole in her heart and the necessary surgery to repair it cannot be performed in Uganda.  Without this surgery, Jeanne will die.

A hospital in Chennai, India was contacted in regards to little Jeanne?s heart surgery. The doctors there agreed to perform the operation, but it will come at a high price: $7,000 + travel expenses.

Jeanne's mother and father are both hardworking.  Jeanne's mother is a radio broadcast presenter and her father, an employee of the federal prison system in Uganda.  But despite saving for many months, they simply cannot afford the necessary surgery to save Jeanne's life.  To them, the cost of surgery seems insurmountable. Believing that every life matters and thinking about the desperation she would feel if Jeanne was her daughter, Katie pledged the necessary $7,000.  Jeanne and her parents are Katie's friends.  We cannot not ask for your help on their behalf.

If you feel led to help with Jeanne's surgery, please visit our website, https://www.amazima.org/, and donate to Emergency Medical Care.  For those of you who cannot donate, we are grateful for your prayers for Jeanne's life.  She's a sweet little girl.  

If, by God's grace, we happen to raise more than the $7,000, we will apply your gift to other Amazima projects. 

Thank you so much. 

https://amazimaministries.blogspot.com/2011/06/jeannes-heart-surgery.html

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

Re: Help another baby!

• Options

This is so sad to hear.  I had to check the irs website to be sure this was not a scam, I hear too many scams.  They are a 501c3 on the website for those that want to donate but you may want to check yourself to verify as well.  I went ahead and donated too, I know I can't help everyone, but at least I know I can help one person.

god bless. 

• Options
    I donated! Thanks for posting this!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I donated as well. Thanks for sharing this story.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP on 1/1/11; pPROM at 19 weeks; Jameson Thomas born on 4/5/11 at 20 weeks.

Imagine a love so strong that saying hello and goodbye the same day was worth the sorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"