Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

One year mark has come and gone...

Hi Ladies,

I had a chemical pregnancy in December 2010.  I know it takes women up to a year to conceive, but do you think the year starts over after a mc/cp?  We have been trying since April 2010, so we have been trying for a little over a year...but do you think it starts over since I technically got pregnant in November? 

Thanks!  Just curious if I should be freaking out yet. :) 

Re: One year mark has come and gone...

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss and frustration. Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure someone stated here not all that long ago that the year starts over with a MC or CP because it shows that you were able to conceive.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Options

imagebrookelynpaisley:
    I'm sorry for your loss and frustration. Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure someone stated here not all that long ago that the year starts over with a MC or CP because it shows that you were able to conceive.  

What BP says makes sense, but with that being said, there is no harm in making an appointment earlier if you feel it necessary. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagebabiesbabiesbabies:

imagebrookelynpaisley:

What BP says makes sense, but with that being said, there is no harm in making an appointment earlier if you feel it necessary. 

True, this might be something that's at the discretion of your doctor. It couldn't hurt to call and find out how your OB/gyn handles this. GL

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Options
    sfeighsfeigh member

Thanks for responding :)  Maybe I will give it one more month and then call.

Thanks, again!

• Options
    If you have been trying for over a year and have not had a successful pregnancy, I don't see anything wrong with contacting your dr now.
    2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
    IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
    7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
    8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
    Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
    11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
    <a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view
  • Options
    It depends on your doctor, some consider the 'year' to start over, some don't.  For me since I've had 2 losses, I am going to be going through testing soon and it'll be 1 year of trying for me in August.

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• Options
    My doctor does not start over... just because you were able to conceive, doesn't mean there aren't issues that need to be resolved. 
Search Boards
"
"