Working Moms
Options

PSA for job-seekers

Please lock-down your FB profile and google yourself before submitting your resume.  This includes your name, e-mail address and any other identifying information.

Thank you.

Re: PSA for job-seekers

• Options
    trinnytrinny member
    Haha.  Thanks for the advice.  I just did it and the only thing that came up (well, that was really me) was my Linked In profile!  Whew...! 
  • Options

Much better than the one I saw earlier!

I offered to pass a resume on to HR at my firm, but decided to google the person's e-mail first.

I found all sorts of message board postings about the person's sex life, and other massively embarrassing things.   Plus their FB page was WIDE open, with a number of postings that I wouldn't have wanted a potential employer to see.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    But you gotta realize that even for somewhat uncommon names, there are usually loads of people sharing that name. Some of those people might have weird message board postings. When I google my name there are about 20 people who share the name and they have lives online that have nothing to do with me.
    IVF #1 - DD born 2011 FET #1-3 all BFN IVF#2- BFP! EDD Nov. 3, 2014 1st US - March 28
  • Options
    eh, I get what you are saying, but in this case it was 100% obvious that it was the same person
  • Options

Good to know! Thanks for posting!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"