Working Moms

PSA for job-seekers

Please lock-down your FB profile and google yourself before submitting your resume.  This includes your name, e-mail address and any other identifying information.

Thank you.

Re: PSA for job-seekers

• trinnytrinny member
    Haha.  Thanks for the advice.  I just did it and the only thing that came up (well, that was really me) was my Linked In profile!  Whew...! 
  • Much better than the one I saw earlier!

I offered to pass a resume on to HR at my firm, but decided to google the person's e-mail first.

I found all sorts of message board postings about the person's sex life, and other massively embarrassing things.   Plus their FB page was WIDE open, with a number of postings that I wouldn't have wanted a potential employer to see.

• Loading the player...
  • But you gotta realize that even for somewhat uncommon names, there are usually loads of people sharing that name. Some of those people might have weird message board postings. When I google my name there are about 20 people who share the name and they have lives online that have nothing to do with me.
    IVF #1 - DD born 2011 FET #1-3 all BFN IVF#2- BFP! EDD Nov. 3, 2014 1st US - March 28
  • eh, I get what you are saying, but in this case it was 100% obvious that it was the same person
  • Good to know! Thanks for posting!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"