3rd Trimester

Brown spotting after cervix check

I am 37+3 and had my first cervix check yesterday.  I was 1cm and high and hard lol

As of this morning I have been having brown discharge everytime I use the bathroom...is this normal?  Does it mean anything?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Brown spotting after cervix check

• It's normal after a cervix check.
    BabyFruit TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • Completely normal. Your cervix has a lot of blood vessels in it and it's very tender right now. 
    DS May 12, 2009 DD September 7, 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies, but how long did it last for?  It started this morning and is still going strong....it has also been accompanied but a lot of cramping, but I am assuming that is normal too

• Your doctor or nurse--whoever did you exam. Should have told you side effects that could happen after your internal, and if you have any serious side effects--extreme heavy bleeding, severe cramping, ect to call them back and tell them and possibly go back to the doctors to see if everything is going okay still.

• You may be loosing your plug. Brown tinged mucus (kind of like when you have a cold and blow your nose but in the wrong area of your body).

Just another sign post on the way to delivery.

• imagesamanthadarneille:
    Your doctor or nurse--whoever did you exam. Should have told you side effects that could happen after your internal, and if you have any serious side effects--extreme heavy bleeding, severe cramping, ect to call them back and tell them and possibly go back to the doctors to see if everything is going okay still.

I agree they should have told me.  All in all it was a very frustrating appointment, so I didn't think to ask, and they seemed to be blowing my concerns off left and right.  To be honest, if I wasn't due in 3 weeks, yesterday alone would have probably made me change doctors. I think because of what I do for a living (I work at a fertility clinic) they forget I am a first time mom myself, and they need to treat me as such.

• imageLStorms:

imagesamanthadarneille:
    Your doctor or nurse--whoever did you exam. Should have told you side effects that could happen after your internal, and if you have any serious side effects--extreme heavy bleeding, severe cramping, ect to call them back and tell them and possibly go back to the doctors to see if everything is going okay still.

I agree they should have told me.  All in all it was a very frustrating appointment, so I didn't think to ask, and they seemed to be blowing my concerns off left and right.  To be honest, if I wasn't due in 3 weeks, yesterday alone would have probably made me change doctors. I think because of what I do for a living (I work at a fertility clinic) they forget I am a first time mom myself, and they need to treat me as such.

I hate when they are rude like that! I get that too, and when I give them attitude or am even MORE stern about demanding an answer, they give me an even worse attitude back. Super annoying, so I totally get that most of the time OB/GYN appointments make you leave wishing you could actually do something about your darn doctor. lol

• I understand your pain :-) I felt like I was being brushed off a while ago, so EVERY appt since, I have brought in a detailed, TYPED list of my questions, and make sure I get everything answered. That's their job! :-) I was in the hospital for 2 weeks with pre-term labor, and they checked my cervix every day. The brown stuff is completely normal, so is the cramping, as long as it's minor. It can be VERY confusing, but trust me, you'll know when something is happening. Just take it easy, like REALLY easy at this point. I'm so exhausted, I can barely do anything. It's frustrating but it's best for baby. We're almost there, good luck! <3
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"