Multiples
Options

Chiropractor?

Did anyone see a chiropractor for back pain? Did it help? When did you start and how regularly did you go? I'm starting to get aches...already :(
Fraternal twin boys born 1/12/12 at 36 weeks
Identical twin girls expected in March! 

Re: Chiropractor?

• Options

by 11.5 weeks I had such bad sciatica that I couldn't even stand in the shower. I ended up going to a Webster Certified chiro in my area and I saw her three times a week during week 12 and 13 of my pregnancy, two times a week during week 14 and 15 and then weekly until I was 37 weeks pregnant.

By week 14 the sciatica was pretty much nonexistent. HTH!

• Options
    Not what I wanted to hear! Lol while stunning in IVF#1, I had horrible sciatica. It actually radiated around my hip! It seriously hurt to do anything and I was limping. My insurance doesn't cover chirpo, and the closeted one is 45mins away and 80/per session! Yikes!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't have much advice on the chiro but my lower back started hurting Monday (probably due to our 3 hour weekend trip to and from PA) and it hasn't gone away since. Granted I herniated my disc 5 years ago so that doesn't help but I find moist heat does relieve some of the pain. I dampen a wash cloth, lay it on top of the heating pad and just lay until I feel better. Also, I find sleeping with a bulky pillow inbetween my legs helps relieve the pressure especially when I lay on my side. Hope you start feeling better soon!
    Married 2/10
    TTC #1 since 2/10
    Dx Slight MFI- Low Morph (was 2% is currently 5%) & MTHFR
    10/10-1/11 IUI #'s 1-4 100mg Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    4/11 IUI #5(New RE)100mg Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    5/11 IUI #6 100mg Clomid + Trigger = BFP!!
    6/3 Beta #1 (13dpiui)-142!!! 6/6 Beta #2 (16 dpiui)-514!!!
    1st U/S 6/13 @ 5w2d - Showed fraternal TWINS!!!!!
    2nd U/S 2 beautiful HB's @ (Baby A)6w3d and (BabyB)6w2d!
    EDD 2/11/2012ish

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
  • Options

With the twins, I went after they were born for low back pain. Went for 3 months and once a week. Felt great!

This pg, I"ve been going 2-3 times a week (starting a month ago) for sciatic related pain. It's gettin' there. I just have to try and stay diligent about making appts and doing the stretches they have me doing. Definitely has improved the pain. I expect to go once a week a few more weeks and then just maintenance as need be.

GL and hope you're feeling better soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My chiro helped a lot during my pregnancy.

For sciatic pain, here's an exercise I SWEAR by, was taught to me by a delivery nurse who taught prenatal classes.  Get on your hands and knees, keep your back totally straight (don't sag or arch your back).  Rock forward and back.  It helps shift the babies off the nerve, and relieves the pain.  Do it a few times a day for 5-10 mins at a time.

• Options
    imagejenkm:

For sciatic pain, here's an exercise I SWEAR by, was taught to me by a delivery nurse who taught prenatal classes.  Get on your hands and knees, keep your back totally straight (don't sag or arch your back).  Rock forward and back.  It helps shift the babies off the nerve, and relieves the pain.  Do it a few times a day for 5-10 mins at a time.

thank you!!!!
  • Options
    imagejenkm:

thank you!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"