Infertility Veterans
Options

Holy Progesterone Batman!

Just had it re-checked today and its up to 61.5 from 30.7 last friday....  I hope that is a good sign.

On the OHSS front, I am F-ing MISERABLE.  I can't even move without being in really bad pain....  I am drinking water and gatorade and salty stuff and no help.  The clinic U/S person is gone for the day so they said if I can't handle it to go to the walk-in clinic, but I don't know what to do...  It hurts to move, pee, bend over, etc....

Our Blog - http://thedittemores.blogspot.com/
Dx PCOS 2003/high fasting insulin/clotting issues DH Dx with low sperm count, motility and morphology. Varicocele repair (11/1/2010)
2/2011 - Confirmed no improvement - On to Donor Sperm
4 failed IUIs in 2010
IUI#5 and 6- with DS, BFN
Final IUI - Lucky #7! IUI with DS - 20.Jun.2011 - 21.5 mil motile! Not so lucky - BFFN and the end of our IF journey....
Waiting for our family to be complete through Adoption - May 2012 - Hoping our baby finds us soon!

Re: Holy Progesterone Batman!

• Options
    I have OHSS too and wound up in the ER last Tuesday night.  Even though I've been drinking Gatorade, I was dehydrated and it started to mess up my kidneys.  I was in excruciating pain though.  My RE called me in Tyelnol/Codeine and it didn't help at all.  I'm really glad that I went to the ER though.  I couldn't take the pain.  The good news (hopefully) is that my RE said that by now the trigger would have been out of my system, so hopefully this is good news.  I've basically been bed ridden since last Friday.  It sucks, but hang in there, and my RE said to drink 100oz of Gatorade/powerade/v8/chicken broth a day. 
    Me: 27, DH: 28 TTC since 11/09
    2/10 & 3/10 Clomid 50mg-BFN
    5/10-Lap Surgery for Stage 2 Endo
    3/11-IUI#1 with Follistim and Menopur-developed mild OHSS= BFN
    6/11-IUI#2 with Follistim -developed moderate OHSS= BFN!
    7/11-FSH-11, AMH 1.6
    9/11-ttc naturally with positive thoughts :)
    10/6/11-POSITIVE pregnancy test!!! 15dpo BETA-220
    6/14/2012- Riley Harper arrived!! We love our little girl
    <a href="http://s532.photobucket.com/albums/ee324/exploshidad/?action=view
  • Options
    Uggh!  I'm sorry you are in pain.  I really hope the OHSS resolves soon (and without complication) so that you can feel better!
    TTC since 3/07. IVF#1 = canceled. IVF#2 = 0% fertilization. IVF#3 = BFN. IVF#4 = c/p.  
    Moving forward with Adoption 2017!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had severe OHSS (progesterone was in the 400s) and my RE told me not to drink water, just limited amounts of gatorade. My advice, though, is if you're feeling awful, definitely let someone know. I waited too long and spent a night in the ER vomiting w/ morphine -- no one at the ER knew how to treat OHSS. They just managed the pain. I then had to have 3 vaginal drains performed by my RE over the course of 5 days. It can be very serious stuff! But on a side note...mine was so bad b/c I was overstimmed and pregnant with multiples.?

TTC since 8/09
    DX: PCO, ENDO, High NK, MTHFR
    8/10 = Lap to remove Endo

2 Femara TI, 3 Follistim IUI = BFN & 1 c/p
    IVF #1 - BFP - boy/girl Twins!

Ben and Reese born at 34w2d!
  • Options
    imageLaneCA:

I had severe OHSS (progesterone was in the 400s) and my RE told me not to drink water, just limited amounts of gatorade. My advice, though, is if you're feeling awful, definitely let someone know. I waited too long and spent a night in the ER vomiting w/ morphine -- no one at the ER knew how to treat OHSS. They just managed the pain. I then had to have 3 vaginal drains performed by my RE over the course of 5 days. It can be very serious stuff! But on a side note...mine was so bad b/c I was overstimmed and pregnant with multiples. 

I am hoping that it is bad because it worked so I am trying to tough it out!

Dx PCOS 2003/high fasting insulin/clotting issues DH Dx with low sperm count, motility and morphology. Varicocele repair (11/1/2010)
    4 failed IUIs in 2010
    Final IUI - Lucky #7! IUI with DS - 20.Jun.2011 - 21.5 mil motile! Not so lucky - BFFN and the end of our IF journey....
    Waiting for our family to be complete through Adoption - May 2012 - Hoping our baby finds us soon!
  • Options
    imageLaneCA:

I had severe OHSS (progesterone was in the 400s) and my RE told me not to drink water, just limited amounts of gatorade. My advice, though, is if you're feeling awful, definitely let someone know. I waited too long and spent a night in the ER vomiting w/ morphine -- no one at the ER knew how to treat OHSS. They just managed the pain. I then had to have 3 vaginal drains performed by my RE over the course of 5 days. It can be very serious stuff! But on a side note...mine was so bad b/c I was overstimmed and pregnant with multiples. 

My experience was very, very similar. My progesterone was over 600 and my estrogen was in the 6000s. I had 5 drains in 2 1/2 weeks and symptoms lasted until 12 weeks pg. The night before the first drain I probably should have been in the ER. I was vomiting and writhing in pain. It was miserable.

Most hospitals/ERs/urgent cares are not equipped to deal with OHSS. Most docs have not even heard of it. Please call your dr NOW if you are in that much pain. You can have some very severe complications if it is serious and is not treated.

Good luck sweetie. 

Oh and BTW OHSS gets much worse with pg so while you're miserable it's probably a very very good sign. 

TTC with severe MFI since 9/08 IVF w/ ICSI #1 May/June 2010= BFP twins
    Callan George and Bennett Charles born and died 11/7/10
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    FET #1 April 2011= BFN
    FET #2 July 2011= no transfer because my lining sucked
    FET #3 February 2012= BFP! 1st beta 9dp5dt=314 2nd beta 11dp5dt=977 1st U/S 3/20 Twins- Heart rates of 111 and 138 Pregnancy Ticker
    Living After Losing
  • Options
    imagecookie_queen:
    imageLaneCA:

My experience was very, very similar. My progesterone was over 600 and my estrogen was in the 6000s. I had 5 drains in 2 1/2 weeks and symptoms lasted until 12 weeks pg. The night before the first drain I probably should have been in the ER. I was vomiting and writhing in pain. It was miserable.

Most hospitals/ERs/urgent cares are not equipped to deal with OHSS. Most docs have not even heard of it. Please call your dr NOW if you are in that much pain. You can have some very severe complications if it is serious and is not treated.

Good luck sweetie. 

Oh and BTW OHSS gets much worse with pg so while you're miserable it's probably a very very good sign. 

Thanks Cookie!  I called my RE's office but no one is around this afternoon that can do an ultrasound (the NP is in and she can't and the US tech left for the day).  They said if it gets worse to go to the walk in clinic, but like you said I am afraid they won't know what to do....  My RE said I can come in in the morning if I am still miserable.  It is tolerable.  I am just bloated and REALLLLLLLLY crampy.  It hurts to "push" to go to the bathroom too which is kind of scary!

AND I hope you are right too!

4 failed IUIs in 2010
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're in pain, but I really really hope this is a good sign. 
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MSaksaMSaksa member
    sorry you're in pain!! Hoping the high prog is a good sign too!! ((hugs)) hang in there sweetie!!
    Dx Anovulatory PCOS Clomid,Ovidrel,TI=BFN IUI#1-#3 Femara,Ovidrel=BFN IUI#4-Gonal F,Ovidrel=BFN IUI#5-Gonal F,Ovidrel= BFP!! Beta #1 11dpIUI=34, Beta #2=131,first u/s 3/14=1 perfect bug with a heartbeat! Anderson Phillip, Born 11/2/11 7lbs 10oz 21in. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I hope you feel better soon!

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

This discussion has been closed.