3rd Trimester
Options

What to pack in diaper bag?

I am an expert at packing my diaper bag for my almost 2yo DD.  However, I have completely spaced on what i need in there for a baby.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What to pack in diaper bag?

• Options
    CHI-06CHI-06 member
    diapers, wipes, diaper rash cream, hand sanitizer, pacifier, burp cloth, bib
    Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • Options
    diapers, wipes, bottles, binkies, clothes, burp cloths..essentially anything that you use at home just in a smaller quantity
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    new shirt for yourself....i cant count the number of times i needed it bc ds was a HUGE spitter
  • Options

I haven't packed mine yet, but here is the list of things I want to put in it:

A few diapers

Wipes

Plastic bag (to put yucky diapers in in case I can't find a garbage can right away)

Extra clothes for baby

Extra shirt for me

Wash cloth/burp cloth

1 receiving blanket

Hand sanitizer

Pacifier

A toy or two

• Options

I had never thought of packing an extra shirt for myself. That would have saved me many times in the past :) I am definitely adding that to my list!

The Fight  Against Boredomimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for posting this!  I'm a FTM and have been wondering the same.

Me: 32  H: 34
    DS #1: 8/10/11,  DS #2: 10/13/14
    TTC #3 since October 2017

• Options

Diapers! Sounds simple right?  I can't tell you how many times I've run out of diapers or didn't pack enough for a couple blow-outs on the road.  I also started keeping a few extras in the car.  Just always get in the habit of checking your stock before you leave.

I also have one of those dog poop bag things that keeps a roll of bags.  You can hook it to your diaper bag.  Perfect for soiled clothes.

I've found these at Target in the baby section, near the bottle brushes, dish washing baskets and bottle warmers.

• Options
    imageIvana.Stolichnaya:

I also have one of those dog poop bag things that keeps a roll of bags.  You can hook it to your diaper bag.  Perfect for soiled clothes.

I've found these at Target in the baby section, near the bottle brushes, dish washing baskets and bottle warmers.

What a good idea! I'm registering for one now. Your daughter is beyond cute, by the way.

• Options
    barinebarine member

If you deliver at the hospital, you will be given wipes and diapers. And baby will get a bath also. I overpacked for my girl.

Blanket, cap, 1-2 washcloth, baby tshirt, light sleep and play, Pacifier - if you plan on not breastfeeding, nipple shield - if breastfeeding, extra shirt or gown for you, shirt for dad. Little bag - toothbrush and toothpaste(u and your husband), body wash and wash cloth

chapstick , camera - pictures, socks - body may get cold during and after delivery.

I brought my  pillow which helped a lot because the hospital only had 2 pillows.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"