Minnesota Babies

Lurker with ? re: Generations Women's Health & VBAC

Hi all!

I lurk on a few Bump boards but only post sporadically.  I have an 18 mo DS who was delivered via c-section.  We're starting to TTC for #2 and I'm looking for a pro-VBAC practice.  I'm on the north side of the Metro (New Brighton / Mounds View area) and am interested in whether anyone has experience with Generations Women's Health in Shoreview or if anyone has another VBAC recommendation since my current OB has already told me she doesn't do VBACs.  Any input would be greatly appreciated!! TIA!

Re: Lurker with ? re: Generations Women's Health & VBAC

• If you're willing to consider the drive, I can not recommend Dr Hartung at Hudson physicians enough. 

I drive there from Hugo, and I love him. He's very pro-VBAC and very much encourages patients to try for one. His success rate is sky high, and is very well respected by other OBs.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I delivered my dd with the midwives at Generations and will definitely go there again. Have nothing but wonderful things to say about them. All of the midwives are amazing and the entire staff is so helpful. I don't have experience with VBAC but had my care been at another clinic I probably would have ended up with a c-section. I think they have one of the lowest c-section rates in the Twin Cities (remember them mentioning this once). 

Photo taken at 16 months old
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've got a friend who tried a VBAC at Generations. She saw one of the midwives for her appts and then when the VBAC didn't work, the OB on staff did her c-section delivery at St John's. She couldn't say enough good things about the practice.

Another option is the HealthEast Vadnais Heights Clinic. Several of the Family Practioners on staff do deliveries (including VBACs). My sister-in-law had a successful VBAC at St John's and was seen all through her pregnancy and delivery by a doc at HE Vadnais.

Wife to an amazing man and mom to three darling girls!
  • I did my VBAC through Partners in Maplewood.  I wasn't sure I wanted a VBAC, but they strongly encouraged me to try for it.  The most recent studies have been showing the risks of a VBAC aren't really much higher than the risks of a repeat c/s. 

I guess my only recommendation is ask alot of questions.  I've heard of people being told that their doctor does VBACs and then later in their pregnancy being told no in their situation.  Have them look at your files first. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for the feedback ladies!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"