Cincinnati Babies
Options

NBR: acetominophen and ibuprofen question

I have an absolutely wicked sore throat and cough drops aren't touching it.  I've been taking 800mg ibuprofen but it is still incredibly sore to the point where I can't even sleep.  Anyone know if you can cycle acetominophen and ibuprofen as an adult like I've heard you can do for teething kids?

Re: NBR: acetominophen and ibuprofen question

• Options
    kel716kel716 member

Not sure..

Have you tried Delsym cough syrup?  DH swears by that stuff. 

• Options

yep! I would do every 6 hours though. I hope you feel better soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageAngRx:

yep! I would do every 6 hours though. I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks!

• Options
    Tea with honey and lemon usually helps me to at least get to sleep when i have a sore throat... Hope it gets better soon!
    image Momma to Ms. C age 16 months and Mr. C age 3 months!
  • Options

I hope you feel better!

I had the worst sore throat of my life last summer, and cough drops/analgesics did nothing for it.  I ended up testing positive for strep.  I'd recommend getting checked for that if you haven't already.  Antibiotics will do a world of good in 24 hrs if it's something like that.

Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  I ended up back at the doctor b/c it is even worse (I've barely eaten or drank since Monday b/c of the pain) and got a nice steroid shot in the butt and am now on stronger antibiotics and more steroids.  Still going to be taking tons of pain meds though until this goes away, whatever the heck it is!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"