Two Under 2
Options

a lot of mixed emotions

Ds 1 is almost 9 y/o, ds2 is almost 11 months old and I just found out today that we will have a 3rd!! I am overwhelmed with all these emotions..it's like one minute i'm excited, and the next, i'm scared, then excited then scared. Well let me tell you why..

I'm a working RN part time in a psych unit (four 8hr shifts) and was hoping to find a Full-time position working in maternal/baby health (three 12hr shifts). But i'm thinking...how can I get hired now that i'm preggo?

Next, I only have my Associate in Nursing and am supposed to get my Bachelor's in nursing in May..Well i'm due in Feb/March??Not sure yet since I haven't had a period to base my EDD. Anyway, This will definitely push me back a semester or 2..

And lastly, I am loving my ds2's phase right now. He's almost 11 months and he is soooooo darn cute!! He's so happy and fun.. I am kinda happy and excited that he will be a big brother..but at the same time, I wanted to focus on him and am sorta feeling guilty about being preggo because I won't just have "our" time anymore when he's 1-2 y/o.

oh yeah i forgot to add that my MIL is giving me so much anxiety right now with her 5 stray cats that she plays with and feeds and DOESN'T wash her hands after or if she does, it would be for 2 seconds. I actually contracted toxoplasmosis from her before I got pregnant with ds2.

Anyway..I don't know what to do...anyone felt the same way as me before and totally love having 2u2? I am having anxiety right now...but I bet I will be excited later on..EEEK!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: a lot of mixed emotions

• Options

it is  definetely   a  roller  coaster  of  emotions and  acknowleding that  makes  a big  difference.  DS will be  about  16  months  when #2 arrives. Lots  of  guilty feelings  come  up for  both #1  and  #2.  I had  bad morning sickness and  was not  much  fun  during  first tri- felt  guilty  for  not  always  playing with  DS#1.  then  felt  guilty with  #2  because  I  just  wasn't  paying as  much attention  to  the  pregnancy  as  I  did  with #1. I'm  so scared  that  I'll  love  one  more than  the  other  and  feel  guilty about  that too. But  i'm  sure  everything will work  out and   I'm just  doing the  best  I  can-  taking it  day  by  day.

I  am  also an  RN  with  my associates  and  am  going to  be  doing  my  bachelor's  online  starting this  fall.  working 3- 12 hour  shifts  is  rough. not impossible  but  rough. it looks  great  on paper but it  very exhausting.  I'm  working  per  diem now ( since having DS last year)  the  plan  was to  find  a full time  day  position  as  I  was working  nights  before  and  hated it.  I  haven't  looked  for  any  positions or applied  for any   because of the whole pregnancy thing.   My  hospital  rarely has  daytime positions  open up so I'll be  looking elsewhere after the  baby  is  born. worse  case  scenario is  I  continue  working per diem. 

you  will end  up being  excited  for #3  as  the pregnancy  goes on.  anxious  still too,  wondering  how  are you  going to  survive.  and  wondering about  all the  what  ifs.. but  it'll be  great!

• Options
    MAMAxBMAMAxB member
    You are exactly where my grandma was :) she had 3 kids FAST! (5 total within 5 years.. crazy!)

I don't have any advice for you from experience but she said she was never happier than when she had all her little toddlers running around. Every time she was worried about something, one of her kids would learn/do something new and she would just stop and smile :)
    evelyn 4.2010 | will 1.2012 | baby BOY due 12.2014
    pregnant and/or breastfeeding since 2009.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"