Food Allergy

The good news and bad news..

I finally figured out what was causing Lo's mucous in her poo.  I cut out soy and within two or three days the mucous is completely gone.  This is the first time she hasn't had mucous in 4 months (or before)  I'm glad I figured it out but sad that there is no more soy.  I am really struggling to figure out what to eat!  On another note, anyone know any brands of bread that do not have eggs, milk, or soy?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: The good news and bad news..

• lenders frozen bagels are milk/soy free. I always keep a bag in the freezer (after he outgrew his sesame and after someone mentioned it on here) and just put it in the microwave for 20 seconds and then toast it.  

Sometimes my local stop & shop market has fresh bread that doesn't show milk/soy in it but my son always had a reaction from them, so i'm assuming it's CC

Glad you figured it out! soy allergy does suck, more than milk i think personally.  My son is also allergic to milk, soy and eggs.  there are a ton of products that doesn't have milk and soy but definitely wish there were more.

Here are a few must haves...

So Delicious yogurt is amazing!!!!! and they also make milk/soy free ice cream.

Dayia cheese is milk/soy free

Earth Balance butter (the red box)

also, google MSPI recipes (milk soy protein intolerance)  for some ideas on meals.

• try pita bread and tortillas.  You may have to look through a few brands (some are safe- others aren't) but I'm milk and egg free and those are my go to breads.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Breads are hard if you buy store bought.  I had a local store brand I used all the time but they changed their ingredients last week and now it has milk in it.  GRRR.

I've finally decided to try baking my own breads.  I've bought books over the years but working full time with three kids I just never managed to find the time.  Now that I am working 20 hours per week I decided to give it a shot.

I tried the white bread recipe in the Food Allergy Mama cookbook.  Eh.  It was ok. I am making another loaf from another book as I type this (well, it's on the first rise) and I am hopeful this one will be better.

I'm glad you figured out the soy connection though. Good detective work mama! 

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• We make our own bread, and also buy pita bread.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I should make my own bread.  I always did before LO came along.  Things are a bit more hectic now!  I have been eating LOTS of pita bread!  Thanks for all of the recommendations, I really appreciate it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • here is a good home made bread that looks pretty easy. I have been meaning to make it. (just use rice milk instead of soy)

https://vegandad.blogspot.com/2011/06/everyday-whole-wheat-bread_14.html

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"