Potty Training

Does LO have to be out of a crib to PT?

DD is still in her crib.  I like it that way and she doesn't seem to mind either.  I don't think she's ready for her crib to be a toddler bed yet.  I'm positive she would NOT nap if she could get out.  So that being said, can you potty train a toddler while still in a crib?  I think she's ready (& has been for a few months) for potty training but it seems to me I would only be daytime potty training her since she couldn't get up and go to the potty at night due to being confined to her crib.  Would this be too confusing for her?  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Does LO have to be out of a crib to PT?

• DS is about the same age and he's completely PT'ed, day and night, and still in the crib. He yells for me if he has to go potty, but we sit and pee before nap and bed. For the first few days of night PTing, we got him up a couple times (before we went to bed and when DH got up for work) and had him sit on the potty. This morning he woke up around 6 and yelled for the potty, I got up, he peed, and went back to sleep. 

So no, they don't :) 

Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JCMJCM member
    imagesourapplemartini:

DS is about the same age and he's completely PT'ed, day and night, and still in the crib. He yells for me if he has to go potty, but we sit and pee before nap and bed. For the first few days of night PTing, we got him up a couple times (before we went to bed and when DH got up for work) and had him sit on the potty. This morning he woke up around 6 and yelled for the potty, I got up, he peed, and went back to sleep. 

So no, they don't :) 

Thanks for posting!  This board is pretty slow :-)  I have July 1st marked as P-Day (potty training day), well the start of it anyway.  We aren't planning on going anywhere the entire 4 day weekend.  Whew! 

• Loading the player...
  • I agree with the PP... DS has just turned 2 and is still in the crib (why fix what isn't broken, right?!) and he's potty trained both day and night.  He doesn't yell for me, but like the PP we go pee before nap and bed, and after nap/in the morning, I get him out as soon as I hear him making noise in there, and we go pee.

Also, he's still in the sleepsack!  So I take his legs out, and pull his PJs down and hold the sleeping bag up out of the toilet:)  It's funny, but it works for us.  I'm in no rush to move him to a toddler bed.

HTH:) 

• *LrCg**LrCg* member
    Of course she can still be in a crib- I"m not sure why it would confuse her.  DS was still in a crib when we PT- he was 17 months (and he was also nightime trained as well) so he wasn't big enough to be going by himself.  He's now 2 1/2 and is starting to take himself and do it all by himself (before he obviously would tell us but needed help with getitng on it and pulling down pants, etc.).  We still have a monitor on him so we would always remind him that if he had to go to just talk into the monitor and we'd come and get him.  In the begining he would ask to go several times a week (generally in the early morning and always went right back to bed) and as the months went by it would be less and less and now its rare if he asks to go.  And even though he can take himself now I still have him wake us- we're on the first floor on the opposite side of the house so I'm just not comfortable with him walking around by himself on the second floor. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"