Postpartum Depression
Options

YAY - it does get better

I started therapy (off & on) in Dec. & Zoloft in January.  It was a rocky road, but I really feel like things are getting better lately.  At first I just thought it was lack of sleep, but LO still isn't STTN.  So, I think the zoloft is reallllly helping!

There is a phone counselor thingy I'm doing through work.  Each month they make me answer a survey, and my score has gotten way better.  I no longer have any sort of suicidal thoughts.  (I never planned to do it, but the thoughts would just enter my head.)

If you are just now starting your journey of PPD/PPA treatment, I hope this gives you some peace of mind that it does get way better!

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

Re: YAY - it does get better

• Options

Great to hear! I am slowly getting back to feeling like a sane person. I very tired, but sane person. I stopped taking my meds suddenly and that was the worst idea ever.

After about 5 weeks of being back on them I am feeling a lot better. I was really having scary thoughts about DS1. I was mortified, but knew I needed help. I am so glad that I talked to my doctor : ) Now I can be the best mommy I can be.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"