Upstate NY Babies
Options

I feel awful

I'm on the phone with my Mom tonight (home alone with DD)-DD decides she wants to go upstairs. So we go up, she goes into her room and wants a few things (brush, etc) out of her dresser drawer. As she's grabbing the 2 things she wants, she drops a few other things on the ground. I go to pick them up and she beelines past me. Next I know I hear a "thump, thump, thump" (I'm thinking she chucked a toy down the stairs b/c she always does). Within seconds I hear a scream and I run out the door-there she is at the bottom of ALL of our stairs on her knees screaming! My baby fell all the way down them! I feel so awful about it. We have never gated our stairs b/c shes very good at announcing what shes doing while shes doing it ("upstairs", "downstairs")...and tonight she didn't do that at all. After screaming a few minutes, she was ok-no marks or anything...but I still feel terrible about it

Re: I feel awful

• Options
    I'm glad your DD is alright.  Try not to be too hard on yourself.  These things happen and she's okay, just know from now on you can't rely on her to announce things.  ((hugs))
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm glad she's Ok- poor little girl but like PP said don't be too hard on yourself. Since she is so good on the stairs she probably was feeling a little bold- and wanted to try it herself...

I would get a gate - just in case... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Awww how scary for both of you! I'm glad she's okay, although I'm sure you're still pretty shook up. Accidents happen, we are only human.
  • Options
    Aww...I'm sorry that happened and so glad to hear she is ok. But definitely get a gate! Last night Leah was chasing the cat around upstairs and she bumped into the gate and it flew open - DH and I freaked as she was contemplating chasing the cat down the stairs! He must not have latched it good enough - but boy...it only takes once for something bad to happen! Scary...
  • Options
    That is really scary!  Glad she is okay! 
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • Options
    Poor Avery, and mom!  Glad she's ok.  You'll probably want a gate once she moves to a toddler bed anyway, so I'd go ahead and get one. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"