Parenting after 35
Options

Snack Ideas

I'm in a rut with snacks for DD.  What do you give your LO for snack?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Snack Ideas

• Options

frozen watermelon

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

WHEN I can get him to eat anything....

Lately it's fresh fruit.  If I don't want something messy.. Veggie Straws, dried apricots, raisins and craisins.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ditto the fruit, yogurt, cheerios, crackers, cheese cut in strips. (notice the dairy products...we recently found out that V is not allergic to milk. Yay. I'm guessing that what we thought was eczema was really a seasonal allergy. He was rash-free all winter and fall and has broken out in the past month due to the heat and before I started introducing dairy.)
  • Options
    steverstever member

Fruit - grapes, melon, apple, pear, mango.

Water crackers - they have no fat, calories or flavor but DS loves them.

WW toast with cream cheese. 

Yogurt.

Cheese sticks.

• Options
    Fruit.
  • Options
    imageBrideBuddies:

Lately it's fresh fruit.  If I don't want something messy.. Veggie Straws, dried apricots, raisins and craisins.

Charlie should come hang out with Rachel - she can show him how to eat.  If I'm not quick enough with the food she'll be hanging off the side of her highchair. Seriously she was hanging off of it last night screaming to get into her chair while I was getting her dinner ready. I don't put her in until the last minute becasue she screams even more it the food isn't ready when she gets strapped in.

Thanks everyone for the great ideas - Rachel loves fruit.  I guess I just need to get her to try different kinds. I like the idea of dried fruit. I'll have to try that.

• Options
    imageitsmexine:
    imageBrideBuddies:

Charlie should come hang out with Rachel - she can show him how to eat.  If I'm not quick enough with the food she'll be hanging off the side of her highchair. Seriously she was hanging off of it last night screaming to get into her chair while I was getting her dinner ready. I don't put her in until the last minute becasue she screams even more it the food isn't ready when she gets strapped in.

Thanks everyone for the great ideas - Rachel loves fruit.  I guess I just need to get her to try different kinds. I like the idea of dried fruit. I'll have to try that.

I know, I know!   Every other kid we know eats like a champ.  Yesterday we had a playdate with a 10 month old and she ate a sandwich.  The whole thing.   God forbid any of Charlie's food should even touch!   I tried to sneak a french fry (which he likes) with a tiny little bit of ranch dip on it.  POISON!!!!!

• Options
    imageitsmexine:
    imageBrideBuddies:

Oh this was Sabrina, too. I put her in the high chair now at the very first signs of hunger and give her something- usually a piece of cheese or "chips" (mum mums) or frozen peas (which she freaking LOVES- yes, straight out of the freezer). she chows down on that while i make her meal, which must be super fast and ready to be served, too. : )

she eats whatever we eat, only better- more fruits and veggies and less high fats, that's for sure. snacks include: cheese, olives, crackers, cereal bars, yogurts, applesauce, fruit, dry cereal, etc etc.

click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sarah is like Charles - she doesn't like eating. All other kids are asking for snacks while we have to pursuade her to eat. Our best bet are apples, crackers or raisins.
  • Options
    PeskyPesky member

fruit
    cheese
    quack n'bites (cheese crackers from Whole Foods)
    breadsticks
    yogurt
    Cheerios or other dry snack-y cereal
    rare occasions:  chips, ice cream, cookies, veggies but DD rarely eats those and DS prefers his cooked

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options
    Everyone's covered good stuff.  Margaux also likes fig newmans and pirate booty veggie puffs.
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

It depends on Adrian's mood. Some days he's ravenous and can't wait to eat and some days he's super picky about his food. Usually he has a good appetite and on those days he snacks on one or two of these things:

banana
    strawberries
    crackers
    raisins
    yogurt
    potato chips
    cookie

I try to feed him the healthier choices when possible but sometimes he will only snack on junk. I can see where this is going. I already have trouble feeding him veggies, he literally picks them out one by one when I mix peas or carrots in with pasta or rice.

Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Options
    DD is getting kind of picky.  Usually any kind of cheese, or mandarin oranges.  She's not a big fan of Goldfish, which is fine with me.
  • Options

Sienna's favorite is fruit, especially canteloupe, honeydew, watermelon. Cheese, yogurt, mini nilla wafers.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"