Texas Babies
Options

New to San Antonio & Mommyhood!

Hi all,

Just wanted to say hello and congrats to all the Mom's to be. :)  I'm new to San Antonio and 25 weeks pregnant with my first child.  Trying to get adjusted to the new city and this growing belly!  Wondering if anyone has advice for a first timer in a new place?  We've already found the doctor and hospital, but looking for activities and places to meet people - maybe even some in our shoes.

Looking forward to making new friends going thru the same life changing experiences! :)

Becky 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: New to San Antonio & Mommyhood!

• Options
    I would start with reading groups or any other groups that are active in the same interest areas as you.  The name of the website to look up groups like that escapes me at the moment...

I use to love taking my son to The little Gym, indoor play places, and we still frequent local parks. I met a number of people that way. My son starts Kinder this year, so once this next one is born I'll probably look to join Mommy play groups in my area.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    hi i just had my baby 2 weeks ago. congrats
  • Options

you can try meetup.com and see if you can find a group near you that has similar interests, they also have mom groups you can try.

imagercanales:
    I would start with reading groups or any other groups that are active in the same interest areas as you.  The name of the website to look up groups like that escapes me at the moment...

I use to love taking my son to The little Gym, indoor play places, and we still frequent local parks. I met a number of people that way. My son starts Kinder this year, so once this next one is born I'll probably look to join Mommy play groups in my area.  

baby
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I highly recommend the prenatal yoga classes at Destination Maternity.   They were free when I took them last year and were a great way to meet other expectant mothers to be.  They also have a free mommy and me yoga class for after your little one is born.

I also attend Stroller Strides exercise classes with my little one which are a great way to meet other moms and get exercise with your little one.   I pay $55.00 dollars a month for them and go 5 days a week.    

There are also baby story time at the local library which is free.   I really love the one at Semmes but she is moving to the new library in Stone Oak once it's finished.  Good luck meeting some new people.

• Options
    Hey I just moved to SA from Atlanta, Georgia recently myself. I'm 15 weeks along with my first baby. I plan on going to the Destination Maternity yoga classes at the Colonnade starting this week. I was pretty nervous about moving to Texas while pregnant but so far its been a good experience. I like SA despite the heat. I don't really have any friends or family here so it's a bit lonely but my boyfriend's family is super nice. I'm having my first prenatal visit in Texas on July 7th and I'm hoping to find out the sex of the baby! Congratulations to you and good luck =)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Welcome to San Antonio! San Antonio is great, but I must worn you it will only get hotter before it cools off. Bases on your post, I think we're both on the same week. I'm 17 wk and 5 days today. Way back on my 13.5 weeks appointment, the nurse said she was 95% sure we're having a boy, but I am still awaiting for the next appointment before I start shopping. I have my next big ultrasound the day before yours, July 6th. We should find out for sure then.

Well, welcome again to San Antonio. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Good luck at your next appointment.

Mary   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"