Philadelphia Babies
Options

Daycare in center city

Hey everyone,

I was alarmed to hear from my friend today that you need to get on daycare lists at 8-9 weeks pregnant in the city!  Is this true?  She said, "don't tell anyone else, just the daycares."   Regardless if I need to act now or later, I'm looking for somewhere that does infant daycare in the graduate hospital area.  Any recommendations?

Thanks! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Daycare in center city

• Options
    TB11TB11 member
    We went to KinderCare at 17th and Market back in May (when I was just over 3 months pregnant). They said they were full through December but since we are looking for care starting in February we should be okay. Even right now we are not guaranteed a spot but we are on the list and when they start taking deposits, we will be called to confirm our spot. It can't hurt to go see them early and put your name down - depending on if you have to pay to put your name on a list or not.
  • Options

We live in grad hospital and go to My Bright Beginnings at 18th and South (it's in the same building as Center City Peds, which we also use and love). It's a new center that opened in September...prior to going here, DS went to Apple Blossom for 2 months. Apple Blossom was fine but the director is hard to communicate with. I can't say enough good things about MBB. The director is amazing...so easy to get along with and truly loves her job. The teachers are also fantastic. The center is bright, clean, and you just get a good feeling when you walk in.

We're moving out of the city in 2 weeks and I'm so sad to leave MBB. DS's teachers started crying when we told them we were moving (I think I might cry too on his last day! They're having a going away party for him.). The center is actually expanding this fall, so there should be openings for infants! Good luck...and if you want to know more about MBB please feel free to private msg me. I can go on and on, obviously. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    my boyfriends sister has an at home daycare, i didnt know you had to be put on a list, she has so much space and so much for the kids to do at her daycare, shes always taking the kids places and ive never seen anyone unhappy with her services, also great prices, i have 2 kids, ones 8, the other is 10 months and they both love it when we go over there. anyways if your interested i can set up a meeting or forward you her phone number... good luck
  • Options
    my boyfriends sister has an at home daycare, i didnt know you had to be put on a list, she has so much space and so much for the kids to do at her daycare, shes always taking the kids places and ive never seen anyone unhappy with her services, also great prices, i have 2 kids, ones 8, the other is 10 months and they both love it when we go over there. anyways if your interested i can set up a meeting or forward you her phone number... good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"