Missouri Babies

Hello Mommas! Quick Question...

Hello ladies! I'm working on being a momma at the moment, so I don't frequent this board very often currently. The Kansas City Nestie board is very slow so I thought I'd check with all of you on this in hopes that someone has an answer.

A friend of mine from OKC recently attended a "wine and canvas" class, where her and her friends were able to bring their favorite wine and take a canvas painting class from a local artist and create a work of art for their home - I think this is a great idea! I have tried googling and can't find anything for the KC area - does anyone know of an opportunity like this and perhaps a link so I can check it out? I would love to do something like this as a surprise for my girlfriend - thanks so much in advance!

love, jenifriend

A10 Siggy Challenge: Our Next Vacation Destination: Paris! paris

Re: Hello Mommas! Quick Question...

• Eventhough you've already googled it, you might try looking at specific websites.  Possible places that might have events like this:

"First Fridays" events in the Crossroads district

Westport or Brookside (and other areas) galleries

Kansas City Art Institute

The Nelson-Atkins Museum

And if you don't find exactly what you're looking for, maybe locate a local artist from one of the galleries and see if they'd be interested in creating/hosting this special event!

• You could check out ARTichokes (www.artichokeskc.com) located on Mission Road in Leawood, Kansas.  I went there for a friend's birthday.  We were allowed to bring wine, cake, and all painted a canvas to hang in her house.  We loved it!
  • Loading the player...
  • The Gallery Off Broadway and Willow Springs Mercantile in Excelsior Springs team up for projects like this!

Enjoy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"