Potty Training
Options

PTing w/o a little potty chair?

Just wondering if anyone was able to successfully PT without getting a little potty chair?  We have an elmo insert for our toilet and a step stool for the girls and DH is really against going the way of the potty chair (he sees it as an uncessary step)...we aren't quite ready to start PTing...but I was just wondering if anyone had been successful w/o getting a chair?  thoughts? TIA.

Re: PTing w/o a little potty chair?

• Options
    we have both a potty chair and potty ring and DD does her best work without either. She's better just holding on to the big potty
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We just tried PT with just a potty ring and, although DD had been sitting on it a few times a day for a couple months, she seemed anxious about it.  So, on the third day, we caved and got a potty chair for her, and she's doing a lot better.  I think it just depends on your LO.  There's no harm in trying.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    if you live hear a Ikea you can buy one for less then $5 
  • Options
    Both my daughters like the big potty better. We're in the process of potty training the eldest, and she is doing pretty good with the insert and stool. I agree with your DH; I see the potty chair as kind of silly if your child is willing to go on the insert and finds it easy. Why bother? It's also a matter of modeling; you go on the big potty, so why shouldn't your little one? Especially when there are means for him or her to do so.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In DD's DC they skip the potty. They do insert and stool, so I won't bother. They use the potty for doing activities, not the real thing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"