Stay at Home Moms
Options

Not in front of company, son . . .<sigh>

So, Miles has this new obsession with Shrek.  No idea why, but he asks for it a million times a day.  The problem is that he can't pronounce the "shr" sound, so it comes out "f".  And "ek" sounds more like "uck".  So, it sounds like he's running around all day dropping f-bombs.

This morning, my friend and her 6-year-old daughter came over, and he kept saying it.  I said, "No Shrek, Miles.  Later."  I don't think my friend believed it, though.  And the six-year-old kept covering her mouth and snickering.

Oy.  Anyone's LO have words that sound worse than they're meant to be? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Not in front of company, son . . .<sigh>

• Options
    That's pretty funny.  Ryleigh does something similar with The Fox and the Hound.  She can't pronounce "fox" properly.  
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    my niece use to run around and say mommy look at that truck and that blue truck and trucks trucks trucks....well the t sound was an f sound. It was hilarious.
    My mom 10/8/1959-10/31/2011 image Dylan image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jnksmomjnksmom member

imageamberdl28:
    my niece use to run around and say mommy look at that truck and that blue truck and trucks trucks trucks....well the t sound was an f sound. It was hilarious.

My cousin's DS did that when he was little. We were at a restaurant for someone's birthday dinner when he was about 2. A truck went past the window and he shouted(very loudly) "Look everyone a truck"...only the "tr" was an "f". My cousin was so embarrassed. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Hilarious! My niece once did something like this, but it was not a habit. We were eating and there were peppers of some sort on the table, and she said "I don't like peppers. Daddy doesn't like peppers. Mommy, you like peckers!" Of course, my SIL was pregnant at the time. We were rolling. Thank goodness we were at home.

My brother used to say "sh" for "f". So french fries were shoe shies, and a fire truck was a sire sruck. Cute, but not embarrasing. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just this evening Curly was throwing a tantrum and DH called him out for "fake crying".  This got Curly to stop crying and he said "F*** cry?"  Yeah, we won't be saying that again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    When my niece was learning to count, her "f"s sounded like "h"s, so four was hore. We practiced counting all the time.
  • Options
    We're working on it, but for some reason DS#1 has shortened the word "button" to just "butt".  So sometimes he will run around telling me to "push the butt" on his toys :-P
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Options
    Hehehe...these all made me laugh.  My son is obsessed with horses.  He pronounces them HORE (or whore).  If there is a toy horse, picture of a horse or anything similiar in public he will get excited, point and yell "Whore!!".  It's way embarrassing (and people have commented but in an understanding way) but I just keep correcting him lol.
  • Options
    DS was going through a counting to 10 stage back in October with every step he'd take. step (say outloud) ONE, step (say outloud)TWO, step (say outloud) FREE, step (say outloud) WHORE, step (say outloud) HIVE, step (say outloud) SEX, etc etc etc. For the entire WEEK leading up to my daughters christening he did this. We tried everything to get him to stop. I was TERRIFIED he was going to scream all of this in the middle of church or up on the altar. The day came and he didn't count even ONCE, not even when we tried to get him too after church to show my gram how he was counting. Looking back, it was funny (and of couse DH, MIL, FIL and BIL all thought it was utterly hysterical at the time) but then it was horrible! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"