Northern California Babies
Options

Keratosis Pilaris?

Did someone post recently about their DD having this? I'm sorry, I can't remember who.

On another message board I am on, this was addressed and a few people said that taking Cod Liver Oil has cured them of their KP. Two brands that were mentioned were Nordic Naturals or Green Pastures (which has cinnamon flavored). 

Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
The Blog | BirthbyKellyM

Re: Keratosis Pilaris?

• Options
    I did post about this.  DD#1 has it on the backs of her arms.  The dermatologist thought she might have it on her face too, but turns out it was related to a stomach virus she had, and has cleared up.  But thank you for the suggestions on the cod liver oil!
  • Options
    Flax seed oil works just as well and doesn't taste as nasty :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have had severe KP on the backs of my arms for about 15 years and have only ever found any improvement with a regimen of flax seed oil, in addition to vitamin a and d supplements (not sure how that would work dosage-wise with a child).
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    one teaspoon a day to start. Flax seed oil is very unstable needs to be kept cold.
  • Options
    Really? I can take a teaspoon of flax seed oil to help with KP? I'm gonna try it! My arms say thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    imagelunabeam:
    Really? I can take a teaspoon of flax seed oil to help with KP? I'm gonna try it! My arms say thanks for the tip!
    Mine too, thanks!
  • Options

Doesnt flax seed oil make ya poop? Jonathan and I both have it....he has it on his arms and legs. Can you do flax in other forms??

THANKS

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

imageZoeMay06:
    imagelunabeam:
    Mine too, thanks!

Adults may need more, up to three. I'm not actually sure if the oil makes you poop, it may.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"