September 2011 Moms
Options

Failed 1 Hour GD Test

Anyone here fail the 1 hour, but pass the 3 hour?  I got the call today that I failed the 1 hour and need to go in on Friday for the 3 hour.  The cut off was 130 and mine was 134.  I'm pretty bummed and worried about this.  What were your results like?
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Failed 1 Hour GD Test

• Options
    FTM here, so take this as you will, but I think I remember reading that a lot more women fail the 1 hour than actually have GD and that it's relatively common to fail the 1 hr and pass the 3 hr.  Best of luck!  Mine is at the end of next week.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't had my GTT yet but have read that many more fail the 1 hour test than the 3 hour test. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Like pp said I think that it is pretty common to fail the 1 hour and be good on the 3 hour. A woman I work with always fails her 1 hour one, but passes the 3 hour one...I know with her last pg she told the doc to just skip right to the 3 hour one (which she passed again).

• Options
    I failed the 1 hour with DS and passed the 3 hour no problems. The tech at the 3hour lab said a lot of women fail the 1 hour (it's super sensitive) but 80% pass the 3 hour. With only missing it by a few points I bet you will be fine. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I am not looking forward to fasting for 12 hours, then doing the 3 hour test.  After the 1 hour, I was so lightheaded and sick to my stomach, the nurse had to bring me in crackers!  Not sure how I will last 3 hours!  Hopefully I pass the 3 hour and don't have anything to worry about!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I haven't had my GTT yet, but like the other ladies said, it's very very common to fail the 1 hour and pass the 3 hour with flying colors.  I know it sucks that you have to do it again, drink the nasty stuff, and get poked, but I'm sure you'll be fine especially since you were so close to the cut off on your first test.
    bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • Options
    My SIL failed the one hour and passed the 3. I understand that's not uncommon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Don't worry much, same thing happened to me with DD.. I was at 133 and passed the 3 hour.

Good luck!

• Options
    imageMrsChamp11:
    Thanks ladies!  I am not looking forward to fasting for 12 hours, then doing the 3 hour test.  After the 1 hour, I was so lightheaded and sick to my stomach, the nurse had to bring me in crackers!  Not sure how I will last 3 hours!  Hopefully I pass the 3 hour and don't have anything to worry about!

This happend to me!  I had the 3 hour test last week, and brought a sandwich for when I was done.  Because I hadn't eaten since 7pm the night before (my test was at 9am)  I ate it in the car on the way to the mall (Old Navy was having a sale on $6 dresses!) and by the time I got into the store I had to leave because I was sooo dizzy and started sweating.  It was really scary.  So just be mindful of this when you go for your test.  Needless to say I missed the sale!  LOL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"