Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

The Current TTC Plan

Alright ladies.  It's (almost) go time.  I am officially ready to start TTC three weeks after Friday...which is June 17.  I'll take BCP until then.  Then I'll stop - hopefully have AF.  On June 23rd I go to California...with H in tow.  My temps will probably be a bit different because of the time change.  Not sure what to do about that.

Do you ladies think I'm crazy for not taking a month off between getting off BCP and TTC?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: The Current TTC Plan

• Options

Your temps shouldn't change just because you're in California unless you're sick or something. Traveling may cause your cycle to be late, but you won't know what it's late in comparison to because it's the first cycle. Just don't freak out if you don't O on CD14.

I don't think you're crazy. There's no reason to wait. The hormones leave your body quickly, hence why skipping a couple pills can lead to pregnancy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Options
    imageandy71781:

Alright ladies.  It's (almost) go time.  I am officially ready to start TTC three weeks after Friday...which is June 17.  I'll take BCP until then.  Then I'll stop - hopefully have AF.  On June 23rd I go to California...with H in tow.  My temps will probably be a bit different because of the time change.  Not sure what to do about that.

Do you ladies think I'm crazy for not taking a month off between getting off BCP and TTC?  

Not at all. We started trying right away too, though, in retrospect I wish I had given myself more time. Here I sit, almost half a year after going off BCPs and I've only O'd once in that time. If it's from the pills or not, I don't know yet. (I do have a doc app tomorrow...hopefully I'll find out more). I've heard stories of women getting KU the first cycle after BCPs many times too!

GL! I hope you have MUCH better luck than me!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Sweet! 

BP - I was more worried about taking my temps later in the day.  I won't have anything to compare it to though.  I promise not to freak out if I don't O on day 14...or day 40.  Well maybe then.  :)

I'm super pumped.  I hope these next 3 weeks fly on by,

• Options

Some will say you should take a month off, I didn't personally.  My doctor said it wasn't absolutely necessary to take a month off.  That's so exciting that you are getting ready to try now!  Good luck Andy!

• Options
    imagebostonbluejay:

Some will say you should take a month off, I didn't personally.  My doctor said it wasn't absolutely necessary to take a month off.  That's so exciting that you are getting ready to try now!  Good luck Andy!

Thanks!  

• Options
    imageandy71781:

Sweet! 

BP - I was more worried about taking my temps later in the day.  I won't have anything to compare it to though.  I promise not to freak out if I don't O on day 14...or day 40.  Well maybe then.  :)

I'm super pumped.  I hope these next 3 weeks fly on by,

Will you be sleeping in, or are you just concerned about the time change? I would just keep your chart set to your "home" time if you're not going to be sleeping late.

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
  • Options
    Also, you'll only be 6 days in when you go to CA. I don't know how long you'll be gone, but let's say it's a week. If you can set an alarm and go back to sleep for that week, you should be fine getting a temp shift if you O on CD14. Some girls O right on time, others don't.
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
  • Options

I didn't wait and got pregnant that first cycle weeks later.

A drawback is that the first month off BCP is really guesswork in terms of when/if you will O, as you won't have recent cycles/patterns to compare it to, but if you BD frequently, I would say you have just as good a chance as any other cycle.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've traveled and have had little to no problems detecting O when I've been in another time zone.  I've been able to temp at the same time (6am here, 6am there, not adjusting for a time difference) and haven't had any issues with my charts.  GL
  • Options
    YAY Andy.  That's so exciting. I think you're fine not to wait a month after going off BCP.  Good luck!!

Photobucket
    married bio

Expecting #2.  Nov. 2014
  • Options

Well my cycle has been crazy since going off BC (NuvaRing) so personally I wish I have given myself more time, but you could be totally different. I certainly wish you good luck and hope things are pretty "normal" for you. 

Have fun ;)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I dont think you're crazy, we started trying right when I went off the pill. it cant hurt to practice and if you get KU ever better! Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"