June 2011 Moms
Options

Water broken? Or mucous plug?

Sorry for the dumb question. About 2 hours ago, I felt something like a rubberband snapping or a balloon popping, so I got up immediately to go to the bathroom (I'm at work). I felt leaking but couldn't tell what it was. There was thin mucous and also watery blood. I went back to my desk for 15-20 mins, then stood up and leaked again while running to the bathroom, this time worse. Then again back to my desk, then back to the bathroom.

So, was that my water breaking, or losing my mucous plug? I expected the plug to be thicker, but I don't know. 

I have a scheduled appt about 1 hour from now. Should I just go to the appt, or should I call the Dr now? No contractions - I've never had any.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This

Re: Water broken? Or mucous plug?

• Options
    Sounds like straight up water broken.
    Anthony Javier will be here soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not sure but I would just go to my appointment.  I might take my hospital bag though, just in case.  GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageactresscye:
    Sounds like straight up water broken.

this.  Good luck!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #1 5/30/07 M/C 8/26/10 at around 6 weeks BFP #2 10/16/10
  • Options
    kas80kas80 member
    Agree with PP.  Your Dr. can test to see if it's AF in the office so I'd just go to your appt. since it's so soon anyway, cheaper and easier than going to the hospital if it's nothing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds like your water breaking (or maybe just pee?) and not your MP.  I would just go to the doc.  There is no huge rush when your water breaks.  You have a few hours.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree, just go to the dr, but you might want to sit on a towel! :)
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    It's not a dumb question. It sounds like your water broke. I would keep my doctor's appt because it's so soon. I agree with the pp. Bring your bags just in case!
    Lilypie - (eo79)
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That's the sensation I had when my water broke...I actually described it as feeling like a water balloon popped inside me, then there was a gush! Everytime I'd move, more fluid would come out.  I'd call the doctor.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 11/18/13. EDD 7/25/14. It's a BOY! 

Surprise BFP 7/30/13. EDD 4/7/14. Natural MC 8/24/13

• Options
    I would say your water broke.  I can't wait to hear how everything goes at your appointment.  Keep us posted.  GL!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"