Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Total VENT about a STUPID day...Long

This could be long, but I've gotta get this out. DH is at work and I'm sure he'll hear even more when he gets home. ?Waking up with your legs and arms feeling like they've been in a vice all night is never a good way to start your day but such is the case when you have Fibromyalgia. ?So I muscled through the pain and cleaned up my house because I have a piano lesson for my friends daughter today....our first one in 4 weeks because they keep canceling. Well 2:00 rolls around (mind you I'm supposed to pick her up from school at 3) and I get a text "soo sorry can we cancel today, she needs to study for a final" ............. ok was it not just a 3 DAY WEEKEND!?!?!? THAT aside, she's in 7th F-ING GRADE! I don't think I studied for a final until I was in college and even then it was more goofing around with my friends in my "study group" than actual studying. Oh and I'm sure she's gonna go straight home and lock herself in her room and study all night..... and our HALF HOUR LESSON would have significantly impeded on that time.?

Well since I was dressed and needed to go grocery shopping anyway I stopped by my girlfriends house to drop off some stuff she left at my house and went to BFE to find the Publix next to their house because they have the best coupon policy...(those coupons that are buy 2 get $ off, they will take 2 of those coupons even when you only buy 2 items!) I get all my stuff carefully examining coupons and finding the best deals walk up to the cashier and turns out NO! They won't take all my coupons!!! And THEN when I say (in an incredibly pleasant and patient tone) Well thats interesting because the publix next to my house will do that and it was published in the newspaper that you do that. Then the little *itchy cashier gets her attitude on and goes "uhmm No. We don't. And here's a slip with our coupon policy so you don't get confused again." Oh ...Thanks. So much. Then she calls her manager over to tell him what I was trying to do and had him explain it to me. ?WTF! I was literally on the verge of tears I was sooo angry and If she had done one more thing I would've throat punched her! ?

Alright that was it. I'm feeling better. ?The slice of carrot cake helped a lot too. Hope you all had a better day than I did! ?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Total VENT about a STUPID day...Long

• Options
    quezzoquezzo member

I am sorry you had a tough day! I have to say I'm proud of you for even using coupons! I can't manage to, even though my husband has stated he would like me to be an extreme couponer.

As for the piano lesson, I would let them know if they cancel one more time then you won't be able to give her lessons. It sounds like this is a chronic thing and while I get that it might be money, they are clearly not respecting your time canceling right before the lesson. 

• Options
    jertiejertie member

Serious kudos for using coupons.  I'm always proud of myself when a save a buck or two using them and I'm in awe of the ladies that save a bijillion dollars every year because of them.  I would have been ticked off too - and how irritating that she brought the Manager over and everything - that's just so condescending.  Argh!!  I'll hold her down and you can throat punch - ok?

As for the piano lessons - I completely agree with pp - I would tell the parents that there will be a partial charge for lessons cancelled within 24 hours.  It's very disrespectful of your time and you, when they cancel at the last minute.  There is typically a fee whenever a last-minute cancel happens - for house keepers, hair dressers, doctors, heck - even car rentals and hotel rooms - there's no reason why you should be any different.  They need to honor their committments and hitting them in their pocketbook will hopefully steer them onto the right path.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh.  That sounds like a really rough day.  I'm so sorry.  I hope your evening and tomorrow are better.
    TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
  • Options

Thanks for your replies ladies! I am definitely feeling better now. ?I can normally save between 10-15% on my grocery bill and today I was hoping to save more like 50%! So I was SUPER disappointed when she was such a jerk!?

?And the Piano lesson thing, I'm actually doing this as a favor for my friend and haven't charged her a penny!!! Even though I pick up 2 of her kids give them an after school snack and a piano lesson. I'm a push over. This was definitely the straw that broke the camel's back though and I'm gonna have a chat with her about starting to pay. ?I had piano, singing and trumpet lessons growing up and my mom NEVER let me miss unless I was sick....and she had to get me there and home! Oh well she'll start paying and start realizing my time is worth something. Thanks for the support!!?

• Options
    ((Hugs)) I hope it gets better for you!
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"